Chapter Seventeen.

Dedicated to Adrigotdaddyissues thank you so much for the support boo.❤️

Jay shot me a glare so cold, I had to pinch my arm to convince myself that I didn't dream up the passionate make out. Well, the pinch and the lipstick stains on his face convinced me that he was the one and it only served to make his glare look a bit funny.

He let out a breath, adjusted his glasses and closed his eyes to relax but I couldn't let him because this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to somehow salvage my pride in front of Jason and this opportunity practically came on a platter of gold.

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth again. "I am sorry, my name is Ivory." An eye popped open in a do I look like I give a frick who you are. He sighed and closed the eye again.

"I am just huge fan and....."
"Shut the fuck up, I am trying to be alone right here." A very deep, accented voice rudely scared me into silence and  I zipped and locked my mouth mentally, then tried disappearing into my chair.
After two minutes, he sighed again and opened his eyes. "Look Irene, I am sorry for snapping at you, I am not currently in the best of moods."
You would think that anyone would be in the best of moods after making out with a very hot supermodel but each to their own.

"Ivory," I corrected in a whisper. "Ivory," he repeated in his deep voice "nice to meet you." He couldn't care less from his tone. "Same." And we fell into a comfortable silence.

After a few minutes, I tried again, going straight to the point so I can leave "I have a friend who is an art collector who wants to strike a deal of sorts with you, he....."
"Uhmm, your boyfriend?" he asked, startling me. What's with everyone thinking everyone is my boyfriend nowadays. Anyways, I shook my head no fervently, "no, he is just a friend?" I asked more than stated. Strangely, he tensed up and after a few seconds sighed.

He sighed again, "give me your phone."
Was that how they stole stuff these days? I eyed him warily.
"See, I would rather not talk to you, but I don't joke with my business so give me your phone, let me key in my contact information, I would rather not repeat myself." The last statement he said rather slowly as if talking to an infact.

I nearly smacked my head but caught myself on time. I fumbled with the small purse I miraculously still had on me all this while and brought my ultra slim Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and handed it over to him but not after I had opened it.

He keyed in a few things and handed it back to me, I peeped at what he saved his contact as and I saw Jay. After rolling my eyes to the sky, I edited his name to Jay Morris and added a grumpy emoji just for funsies.
To my defence, I have a couple of Jays, okay two other Jays in my phone, how am I supposed to know which was which, at least now that can never happened.

Grinning like a doofus, I looked up to see Jay staring rather intensely at me, I would say stare because that would be a nicer way to put his eyes drilling a big hole in my chest? Oh, that would mean he is staring at my cleavage? the one which would not exist if not for the wonderful inventions of things such as strapless pushup bras.
So he is a normal guy after all.

I cleared my throat awkwardly which seemed to bring him out of his reverie. "Thank you, it was nice meeting you, I have to get going and eh you have a bit of you know lipstick on eh....." He didn't even bother acknowledging me, maybe I was over myself and he wasn't even seeing me at all.

I dusted the non-existent dust off my dress and left.

I had missed both the exhibition and the dinner. Seems after I had spent much time outside after all. I had met Auntie T who worriedly asked me where I disappeared to, after convincing her that no, aliens didn't abduct me and I can survive missing dinner, she dropped me off home where I had my shower, some leftover chicken nuggets and a huge cup of fresh organic Yoghurt or so the bottle claimed.

The 'rents were having a movie night, all wrapped in cozy blankets and whispering ever so slightly. Mom would burst out in girlish giggles every now and then, something she only ever did around my dad.

Carrying a large tub of cookie dough ice cream, I wished them a good night and made my way to my room in order to pack up for my journey back.

_______________________

Plugging my earphones into my phone, I pressed play on my playlist, put my phone in airplane mode and settled down to listen to Sia's voice.

Happily adjusting a little in my window seat (because they are absolutely awesome, thank you very much), I considered the only downside to my flight today being my weird germaphobic seatmate who was currently wiping down her armrest for the umpteenth time. The strong stench of sanitizers was already burning my nose and I couldn't wait to alight even though we were about to take off.

I sneezed a bit and she flinched visibly and started her sanitizing routine all over. Jeez. I was contemplating alighting the plane, not regarding that my ticket was very expensive, when a heavily accented voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey, you are in my seat," I nearly shot up, when I noticed that my seat mate was the one referred to. I shut my eyes and started a prayer in my head. A year later or about three minutes later, I heard a little shuffling around and Ms. Sanitizer was leaving howbeit giving me the stink-eye when I mumbled "thank God." Whaa? I thought she was the relieved one.

Anyways, I turned to look at my new seat mate who appeared to be a cute Asian guy with some sort of half bang hair thingie, two piercings on each ear and soulful eyes.

He settled down and gave me a lopsided grin and just then announcement for seat belts came on, making me focus on securing myself.
Next thing he was tapping on my earphones lightly, I removed one and cocked my head to the side.

"You are not even going to say thank you?" He asked in an amused way, making me raise an eyebrow at him. "I saved ya butt from Hayley's moody self." Now I was confused. He gestured  to Ms. Sanitizer who seemed happier now that she moved places.

I didn't say anything and he continued "she was just pissed because her boyfriend asked me to seat with him instead because they recently got into a fight and he is in no better mood himself, so I had to escape his grumpy self." I turned and spotted the same Hayley now all cozy with a guy who looked so identical to Asian guy I had to peek twice to be sure I wasn't seeing double.

Oh, she is not minding his germs now.

My seatmate burst out laughing making me realize I did not say that in my mind. "I am Lee, short for Lee Min Ho." He introduced himself and I reciprocated.

Next thing we were laughing so hard and exchanging contacts after I learnt that he and his twin brother were photographers and they were headed to my new town for a project and they were staying about two weeks and apparently I was now a newly appointed tour guide while they were around, at least to the single brother.

Oh well.

For some reasons I am not so proud of this chapter but moving on, who else secretly hates the smell of sanitizers?

I use them alright, I just don't like the smell. (Remain safe y'all.)

Vote, comment or whatever it is that cool kids do.
I LOVE YOU.
-Jay (Not Jay Morris).😘😉