Chapter Fifteen.

Dedicated to ArriiArrii for reaching out. You might not know it, but that was a beautiful act of kindness.❤️❤️ Thank you so much and I am great, just busier than is good for me.

Getting to the ball was not a hassle by any means. I might even be a little bit tipsy from the little ah liquid courage.
Also my dress feels a little tighter around my midriff but I know I probably lose the chocolate bump and tipsiness before long.

Looking at Aunty Tamara who was currently the perfect picture of a social butterfly fluttering about and bestowing on anyone who as much looked her a smile so bright it dazzled them a little, I withdrew into the corner of the room, waiting to ambush the unsuspecting waiters moving around gracefully with platters of delectable treats.

This ball could as well being a fashion show with the amount of pomp I have seen within the space of thirty minutes I have been here. The only downfall to it was that I felt like I could have put a little more effort in my own outfit and that is me trying to pep-talk myself into not disappearing from this ball.

From the corner of my eyes, I spotted an approaching waitress, only to turn and nearly be blinded by the flash of a wait...... Not a Camera? After a minute, I regained use of my sight to focus on the opulence in front of me, in the person of our Mayor, Mrs. Snotty McShow, ah that's not her original name in case you were wondering.

She was standing on a makeshift stage, under a huge chandelier that probably cost the entire tuition I paid at our local college, accomodation inclusive, wearing a million dollar dress, literally, a slightly less expensive smile and the most perfect chignon hairdo you have ever seen. I mean, not even a strand of her blond hair dared to stray.

Even as the aws silently passed through the guests, I couldn't help but admire the masterpiece that was her dress and the designer(s) who must have toiled weeks to create this beaut.

The dress was made of a sheer peach fabric which was intricately beaded with little Swarovski stones in a progressive pattern from almost tightly packed stones at the sweetheart necklined bodice of the dress to very sparsely dispersed stones at the bottom of the dress, a string of real pearls adorning her creamy, slender neck.
The dress was lined with some fabric that was meant to give impression of skin but was at least three shades lighter than the skin tone of the wearer, thankfully. I also think that was very intentional, as she wouldn't want anyone to have her supposedly half naked image imprinted in their brain.

After a minute or ten of awing over her dress, I realised two things at the time, one the prey, ah waiter I had been steadily stalking or more like eyeing had disappeared and so had all others (I really came for the really tasty desserts served at these things, I would know. This is my third time accompanying Aunty T for these sorta things) and two, the Mayor had started giving her welcome speech with her oh so delicate voice and poise that you would think she was the Queen of Pegsland, which she could be if not for her being the number five hundred and sixty seventh heir(ess), I think to the throne. Yes, she is from ancient money and reminds us quite every chance like she was doing now.

After one or two minutes of listening to her drone on about how her ancestors and how it was an honour for her to host this ball (as usual) in her humble abode, I decided to go and find the kitchen. Glancing around, I saw everyone else was focused on what the Mayor was saying so I knew nobody would miss me.

Skirting towards the door that led towards the hallway that had been decorated like some museum of some sorts, I was stopped by a beefy bodyguard who looked like he snacked on babies or tiny women who go in search of kitchen at balls. I choke a little anytime I say the word ball in my head though. I am very sure we are probably not thinking the same thing right now.

The probably seven feet human gruffed out something that sounded like "no one is allowed in here yet, go away" before I gobble you. Who knows?

I give him a smile that would probably toast him if it was lightning and asked "please, where can I find the kitchen?"
"Not here," he said and looked me over, decided I was no threat and slunked back into the shadows he came from.

Sulking, I walked back to the makeshift ballroom, where I planned on playing games on my phone to pass time, until I could either get my dessert or something exciting happened.

Two minutes later, there was subdued excitement and phones were whipped out and flashes going off everywhere. I knew what that meant. The local and the not so local celebrities were here. Despite myself, I pocketed my phone and craned my neck to peek.

First was the Supermodel, Sheila. She was flaunting her perfectly tanned self in a simple high necked gold dress that seemed to shimmer as she walked, well the gown appeared simple until I saw the thigh-high slit and gold gladiator heeled sandals. She walked effortlessly, flashing her signature smile to just anyone and seemed not to mind the attention.

A couple of other celebrity waved, posed and signed a few autographs.
I even got two autographs myself, one from a blue eyed local artist and an actress from my favourite drama series.

After about ten minutes I saw him. Yes him, my supposed boyfriend. He was not looking anything out of the ordinary, with his slightly big plaid shirt tucked into grey coloured khaki pants. He seemed to command his space, so everyone sort of unconsciously avoided him.

His bespectacled form seemed to glance through the crowd, settled on me for a fraction and moved on. He signed autographs a bit glumly for the few brave ones that approached him, then snatched a glass of champagne from the tray of a passing waiter and downed it at once, then stalked off to another corner of the hall.

I discovered two things at the time. First, the waiters had miraculously reappeared and were now serving drinks. Secondly,  I don't even know the first thing about approaching Jay Morris.

For the first time in about forever, I decided to visit my notifications on Wattpad here and a Zoo it was, lmao. I appreciate all the love, comments, votes and the general support. I am currently on the hunt down for each one of you beautiful chickens to drop some love on your walls. Calm down, it will reach you too!😁

I hope all of you are kicking strong, y'all can't let a virus smaller than the littlest grain of sand bring you down. Y'all are one heaven of a Superman or probably a Wonderwoman if you will. (See what I did there.

One more thing who else believes that Chocolate is the eighth wonder of the World. You are a genius, if you do.....

The next chapter is closer than you probably think, and.....

Vote, comment or whatever it is that cool kids do.
I LOVE YOU.
-Jay (Not Jay Morris).😘😉