Chapter seven.

Dedicated to Miadimchinobi just by virtue of her being my real life best friend. Do I even love you?😂

The first girl unfroze and began panicking. "Oh shit, am so sorry, am so sorry' she chanted.

The other looked like she wanted to laugh, but the first glared daggers at her, daring her to. She sighed and said with a hint of sarcasm "we are sorry, please don't hold this against my clumsy bestie."

The cold was starting to get to me since the ice cream section was a little bit chilly coupled with the AC unit. Clumsy noticed and rushed off to come back in a minute holding a big packet of wipes.

"Am so sorry", she kept on repeating as she tried dabbing the front of my shirt. Regaining my speech ability and weirded out at having a stranger touch me, I blurted out "its okay, really", before grabbing the pack and wiping myself as clean as possible.

Shivering lightly, I looked up to see the second girl thrusting her denim jacket at my face. "Take and put it on."

"Ah, thanks" I made to return it.
"You look like you need it more than I do, with the stain and you feeling cold." I didn't need to be told twice, I shrugged it on and was immediately enveloped with warmth and warm coconut smell.

"Thank you", I grabbed the ice cream I came for in the first place and started heading out to checkout with the two girls trailing behind with a cart full of groceries and them bickering.

The guy behind the counter pecked up at seeing us and turned on his most charming smile. Giving him money after he checked my items, he packaged them and handed them to me together with my balance and said "have a nice day, beautiful", before he did same for the girls.

Once outside, I headed for a little cozy looking coffee shop for a cup of hot chocolate and maybe soft warm pastries, shopping bags in tow.

Few minutes after I had settled down with my cup of hot chocolate and two pieces of muffins, the doorbell rang and the two girls laughing at something came in and walked down to place their order.

I took my time to study the unlikely pair bickering, Clumsy with her almost waist length straight blond hair, slim but nicely shaped body, pale skin and baby blue eyes wearing a short peach dress, light makeup and a pair of small heeled grey ankle boots and then the other girl with her obvious mixed heritage.

Her skin were about two or three shades lighter than mine, shiny tightly wound coils of voluminous thick black hair packed in some sort of bun with few strands framing her face. Sharp-winged brown eyes, highlighted cheekbones with bold maroon red lipstick were the major highlights of her makeup. She was also wearing an oversized gray T-shirt formerly hidden by the denim jacket I am currently wearing and denim shorts with a gorgeous pair of black gladiator sandals.

All been said, they were both gorgeous, making me feel a little bit self conscious about my bare face but whatever.

Breaking out of my reverie, I looked up to see them looking expectantly at me.

"Um, sorry..." I said, trailing off expectantly.

Sassy rolled her eyes to which she received a sharp nudge to her ribs before Clumsy said, "we asked if you wouldn't mind us sitting with you."

Before I could reply, Sassy dropped her tray containing two cups of coffee and some pastries on the table, to which she received a glare from Clumsy and a sharp whisper "be nice."

Rolling my eyes, I smiled at Clumsy and said "sure", to which I heard "finally", muttered by you guessed it, Sassy, before she sank down into a seat.

Clumsy carefully set the shopping bags on the seat besides hers and sat down.

"Forgive this idiot for being rude, she is not always like this. I am Kate and this doofus here is my best friend, Zoe. Its nice meeting you." She extended her hand to which I took before giving her a warm smile. Sassy/Zoe was already eating making Kate sigh and apologize one more time.

"Really, its okay, she doesn't really bother me", making Zoe give me the stink eye. We settled eating with an awkward silence settling over us, before Kate broke it.

"Are you new in town or something? never seen you around or anything."

"Am new here, its barely a month I came here......"

"Wow, have you had someone take you around then? This town is beautiful. We can take you." Zoe scoffed.

Normally I would had thought that Kate was trying too hard or something like that, but the girl had this carefree, friendly aura that suggested that she was genuinely interested in befriending me but I can't say so for Zoe. I don't even know why she seems bothered by me.

"So Zoe," I started, willing to try at least "I love your hair style", she raised a brow "thank you?" And went back to eating. Its official, I give up. I mean, she didn't even launch in explaining how she did it to keep the conversation alive.

"So where are you from?" Kate asked, i was about to answer when the doorbell rang and Jason entered.

Oh man.

Hey guys, am so sorry for not updating during the weekend like I promised, but am making it up to you guys by working had to give y'all double updates. ChibiRedd1 Am I forgiven.😩

So did you see what I did there with Kate and Zoe? Being an ass has nothing to do with skin colour, black, green, white, red... An a-hole is an a-hole. Just wanted to put that out there with all this racist stuff going on.
Another thing don't judge Zoe harshly, I know some people that are like that when you meet them for the first time, but are total sweethearts when you get to know them. People have different personalities, not everyone is a social butterfly. People react differently to meeting new people, I mean she was even nice enough to give her jacket to Ivory when she needed it, so she isn't the devil. I know it might not make sense but point is, try to understand people before judging.

Okay, peace out.✌

Vote, comment or whatever it is that cool kids do.
I LOVE YOU.
-Jay (Not Jay Morris).😘😉