Chapter Nineteen.

Dedicated to Jacques624 because come on, I thought we established that I love seeing all those votes in my notifications. Thank you, I love you!

After a mini clean up in the house, it was already midday and I was ready to bring back Mia who I may or may not miss so much.

I cleaned up and changed into a chiffon mustard coloured maxi dress and put on very comfortable sandals, took out the premium bone-straight hair that Aunty Tee had generously gotten me as a gift prior to me coming back. She spoils me, get used to it.

I took a moment to appreciate the very soft texture, while talking to myself in the mirror imitating my favourite YouTuber and waiting for the Vitamin C serum I applied on my face to dry up.

Realising that I didn't have much time as I had already fixed lunchtime with Katie and Zoe which was in less than one hour, I brought out my tools and got to work.

After moisturising my previously weaved hair a bit, I wore my skin coloured wig cap and installed the 360 lace luxury 18" hair, did my edges in no time and wrapped the hair for a nude look. Sis gotta look different, I mean new hair, new attitude. Just kidding.

Putting on a bit of perfume, I headed out and just because I could, took a few selfies under the slightly warm sun. Got to love how my skin glows under the sun, or maybe it's just the nice camera... or cough, cough, maybe you are just hating.

The attitude is not permanent, I promise. It's just going to take two days tops, I am just going to look in the mirror and decide I have seen the new look enough and my ego will come back to its normal size and you would have your sweet girl back. Insert sarcastic smile. But really, I am serious.

Getting to the cafe we had our first lunchdate, (ah the sweet memories of meeting Zoe, the very epitome of sweetness and kindness. Now I can't even determine the degree of sarcasm I actually used.) I see Katie and Zoe alighting from a sleek Mercedes Benz which just gave me a subtle reminder that I am a grown derriere lady who was yet to get one. Oh, I meant a car and not a Mercedes, I would have to sell my parent's house for that and then have my mum kill me before I get to ride the car, no biggie.

Surprisingly, they seemed to have company as Zoe was giggling and leaning towards someone in the driver's seat when she saw me and suddenly waved me over.

I suddenly became shy when I looked into dark eyes belonging on one very attractive face. Zoe was already talking "Ivory, meet my boyfriend, Matthew, and Mathy meet Ivory."

He glanced at me briefly enough to be polite, "It is nice to meet you, Ivory. I have heard plenty about you." his voice was a thick Preqish accent. He glanced briefly towards the back seat, that had dark tinted windows and then faced the woman he can't seem to take his eyes off.

They started having a low tone conversation, which escalated to kissing quickly leaving me standing awkward, which was why I was startled to hear the back door opening and even more shocked to see Jason step out.

He was wearing dark Dior sunglasses and looking darn fine in a white t-shirt, paired with dark denim jacket and pants and a pair of gold coloured Nike sneakers.

He cleared his throat and leaned on the car, I nodded once and started glancing around to take my focus off him when he spoke first, "Hey." "Good day." I replied. "Um, I had to step out because Charlotte and Dylan are basically eating off their faces in the car and that is kinda awkward." I briefly glanced at the other couple and let out a small chuckle "Charlotte too?" "Ah, you'd be surprised, I am a professional fifth wheel now since our photographer friend Matt came back and decided to confess to Zoe."

I couldn't see his eyes because the next thing he said took me unaware. "Dang it, you are so beautiful." "Thank you?" I answered, mentally rolling my eyes, of course I do, I have a thousand dollar premium quality hair on.

It was almost as if he read my mind because he continued in a lower voice, "it has nothing to do with the hair or the makeup, you have always been gorgeous. I mean most times, I can hardly keep my eyes off you or my mind off the things I want to do with you."

My awkward self half chuckled, half giggled, "easy there with the compliments, you don't want my ego getting bigger than it is at the moment."

I couldn't still see his eyes but I could almost feel them giving me a slow once over. "It is true..." I was about to ask him what's holding him back when he broke the moment, "...but you have a boyfriend." He shrugged with a little smirk on his face.

Ugh, I turned only to see Zoe staring wide eyed at us.  Uh oh.

________________________

"Spill," was the first thing Zoe said to me after the boys drove out and we entered the cafe and  placed our orders.

I played dumb, "about what? My trip, which I am assuming that you are asking because you care. The trip was very nice, the ball was awe inspiring, my parents are healthy, our dog has never been healthier, met a cute Asian....." And the not so patient woman was smacking my hand.

"Ouch," even Kate who we had apparently rendered speechless after what she supposedly heard, well according to Zoe, rolled her eyes and smacked the table quite gingerly.

"Spill you idiot," seems I returned to an alternate planet, sweet Katie just called me an idiot, although that would explain a few things.

"Me and Jason are just friends." "Friends, my ass." Thankfully it was Zoe this time.

"What was the I can hardly keep my eyes off you or my mind off the things I want to do with you, yen yen yen all about?"

I didn't know how I wanted to explain that so I went "oh, that, ha ha, he wasn't actually talking to me." I planted a big fake one on my face.

"Totally, he was talking to the almost fake looking green haired alien with the implants, that was conveniently standing bedside you and is so fake that she doesn't even exist!" I was almost going to hand her her very own VIP membership ID to the Sarcasm club when I caught sight of her very deadly glare.

"Pretty much." Our order arrived and everyone digged in. Zoe inserted her straw in her smoothie blend and looked straight at me, "if you weren't my friend, I would have made a tall glass of human smoothie of you. You know with your guts and all." And her steady gaze was very unnerving to say at most.

Kate looked at her in horror and jumped in, "Ivy, thing is Zoe and I think Jason likes you." She looked at me for a reaction, I pointedly focused on my delicious chicken wings.

"Think?" Zoe exclaimed. They shared a knowing look and she continued, "but something is holding him back, the Jason we know is usually a go-getter."

I sighed and decided to come clean, "I may or may not have told him that I have a boyfriend....."You have a boyfriend?" "Oh sorry we said anything......" They chorused together.

".....who may or may not be real, please don't tell Jason, I would be totally embarrassed. Ah, he exists alright but he is not my boyfriend. I mean I just met the guy for the first time last week....." I trailed off to see Zoe looking slightly amused, entertained even but not in a malicious manner. Kate, bless her soul was the only one looking sympathetic.

I dipped my last fry into the chicken sauce and changed the topic.
"Your boyfriend is one fine piece of chocolate, Zoe. Dylan is also very hot, how did y'all get those hunks and..... and most importantly, how is my baby, Mia?" Now Zoe was the one looking nervous and Kate's sympathy shifted to her.

What is going on?

Vote, comment or whatever it is that cool kids do.
I LOVE YOU.
-Jay (Not Jay Morris).😘😉