Chapter Twenty Two.

Dedicated to empressbnner because it's never too late to say thank you, I really appreciate every single vote. I hope you have a great day today!🌹🌹

"....yes, we kissed and he seemed to fall off the face of the earth," Kate was listening sympathetically and then "awwnn" we turned like clockwork to glare at Zoe who was smiling wistfully, eyes glued to the screen of her phone, seemingly oblivious.

Kate snatched the phone from her and she seemed to crash back to reality looking like a child caught with their hands down the cookie jar. "Uhh boooooo?" She scrunched her up her face almost comically.

To her credit, she was the one who suggested a girl's day out, with lots of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and lots more of junkie that was sure to give us heartburn rather than comfort, although I knew it was more for my benefit than theirs. Although according to Zoe, it was mostly an excuse to freely consume junk as much she could get away with as she was going back on her strict diet next week considering she had an upcoming dance and little modelling gig the coming month.

I smiled a little before slumping back, the movie we were halfheartedly watching was now more of a soft background noise than anything and Zoe though pouting was now paying attention. Kate looked at her, and tutted "Zoe, your boyfriend can wait, our best friend can't," before she turned to me expectantly.

"It's nothing really, it's not like we were dating or anything. It was just a kiss." Zoe looked at me and like a light bulb went off in her head, she suddenly exclaimed, "you like Jason." It was a statement and dread set in my stomach at the sudden realization that I actually like him a lot.

I let out a stressed sigh, "I think so" Kate grabbed me in a hug and Zoe grabbed the remote, "you know what, a guy isn't allowed to stress you like this, you are amazing and beautiful and he is crazy not to like that. Now enough of this depreciating shit we have been watching," she cast a side glance at Kate meaningfully and then declared "we are having an Avengers marathon, we could learn a thing or two from some badass superwomen."

____________

An hour and a empty tub of ice cream later, I excused myself to use the rest room. After doing my business, I washed my hands and sprinkled water on my face and started finger de-tangling my weave which I didn't bother brushing when I left the house this morning.

A thought unbidden came to my mind, was Jason upset with me because he thought I was a cheater? I mean I told him that I was dating someone but then I also kissed him back.

Mulling over that, I headed back to the sitting room and blurted that out first thing, halting Zoe whose hand was outstretched towards me holding my phone.

"A Lee called, you should call him back. Jason do hate cheaters though, so it's probable although you are not a cheater but he doesn't know that," she added as an afterthought

"Ugh," I slumped unceremoniously into the couch and discovered a hidden pack of Skittles under my blanket. I tore it open and poured them generously into my mouth, chewing sadly.

My phone rang suddenly and I brought it to my face and looked at the caller ID. I perked up a bit.

"Lee!" I spoke into the receiver,
"Hey you too, you never did call back and I waited for your call. I waited and waited, and minutes turned into hours and hours into a day and then a day into three! But alas no call." he replied, sounding quite dramatically.

Feeling a little guilty that I had totally forgotten about my promise to call Lee back after the eventful car ride, which led me back to thinking about the kiss. The kiss that still gave me butterflies thinking about it.

After the kiss, Jason gave me a full smile and boy it was gorgeous, he then proceeded to tuck my hair/weave behind my ears muttering something I barely caught, then proceeded to drive back in a comfortable silence. I thought we were good which why I didn't understand him going AWOL the next three days, and it was painfully obvious because he was going out of his way to avoid me.

"Earth to Iv-or-y," someone sang in my ear making me remember that I was on a call. Guilt struck me again, and then slowly was replaced by anger, anger at myself with how I was being distracted by a guy who couldn't be bothered to acknowledge me because we shared just a kiss, we weren't even dating.

Determination filled me with boldness to say my next words, "I am sorry, was a little bit distracted. So when and where?" He seemed a bit confused, "what?"

"Hangout. Time and place." I could almost hear his smirk, "oh, you mean the date that you refuse to call a date. You are an attractive woman, Ivory. You should know that, first hand. I don't just want to hangout with you. I want a date with you, yeah it might not work, I mean, I have a shoot coming up in Preqsland next month and I could be traveling some other place the next so I might not have time to pursue a thing with you, but it could work too, I won't mind travelling two thousand miles to see you."

I was speechless at the end of it, one thing, Lee was upfront about what he wanted. I could only nod even though he couldn't see me, then manage an "okay."

I regained my voice a moment later, "I'd try but no promises." His voice was husky, as he chuckled a bit, "no pressure, now about the whatever" his voice took  a teasing tone "how about 7pm, where do you wanna meet, I could pick you up but I don't know if you'd be comfortable giving me your address."

I considered his proposition as I told him where to meet. A nice, handsome, witty go-getter, the guy was a catch. I mean, what did I have to lose?

"So Lee, huh?" Zoe was wiggling her eyebrows and immediately Kate smacked her arm. It is official, I am living a soap opera.

Vote, comment or whatever it is that cool kids do.
I LOVE YOU.
-Jay (Not Jay Morris).😘😉