There's A City

Awe Alibaba is so socially unattractive
...I have no shame ._.
I don't own anything #disclaimer

The small clamor of conversing students was easy to ignore- my presence veiled by the dim lighting of the room, and the gray shutters blocking any light that the early morning had to offer.

Math was one of my best classes- in fact I always had the best grades, much better than all the other students- but the teachers agreed when I transferred that they wouldn't draw too much attention to me, for my condition would be an inconvenience for both parties.  Despite my mixed feelings towards the isolation- and some days I want to scream that I existed- I rather enjoyed being alone; not that it made much of a difference of how I usually stay seated at my glass desk studying.

The school had three buildings, depending in the grade level the students went to classrooms inside their buildings. Though it was my second year of high school I still have not made any friends.

A lonely existence indeed.

As usual I walked silently down the halls in between classes alone, ignoring the groups that chortled at bad jokes- or ones that gossiped about the latest drama; but I was fine being alone, is what I often told myself. The engineering course I took was my absolute favorite; this week's project was to create a software of one's choosing that had to function properly- mine was a portable AI that could be uploaded to any device, but Rashid's AI had such a bleak personality I was reluctant to take him everywhere I went on my GCAIMS.

Don't get me wrong- I absolutely admire the genius who created the latest AI system CEO of Kou industry, the technology empire, Kouen Ren- or is he refereed to as Ren Kouen? Anyways since Balbadd was bought and conjoined with Kou nothing really seemed different, in fact his father still worked there with the Ren family.

By the time I was in the courtyard doing my English assignments the strangest thing happened- a heavy round object bounced off my head, causing me instant pain as my vision became darker.

"What happened to him?"

"The middle schoolers were playing ball again,"

"Poor guy."

"Are you alright?"

"What?" Came the raspy reply, and I realized the words had came from my own mouth, Looking up a pink haired girl gazed down at me, ball tucked underneath her arm.

"Whoa what happened to that guy's neck?" I heard the loud whisper; reflexively I fixed my scarf haphazardly, still dazed from the blow.

"Your head is bleeding." She stated nonchalantly.

Feeling the back of my head I felt a warm sticky substance on my fingers, panicked I attempt to stand so I could ran to the nurses office frantically- failing I collapsed as the world began to spin.

Wordlessly she slung me over her shoulder like a rag doll as I dumbly let her run through the halls as she carrried me to the main office. "Ah! Morgiana, what happened?" I heard Ugo, the school director inquire, concern thick in his voice. "Phoenix; Falcor where's Pheonix?"

"Duno' but could you tell her I said that she looked wonderful last night."

"No!"

"He passed out." Were the last words I heard.

When I woke up staring at the ceiling of the nurse's office, a soft tune bring hummed stored me furthers as I sat up oh the stiff cot. The pink haired girl sat with her back towards me humming softly a sweet lullaby. "It's beautiful." I commented abruptly; she puffed out her cheeks that had an adorable blush. Shocked by the sudden reaction I asked, "what is it called?"