With Unprecedented Tensions

"Kouen." I managed to call without griting my teeth.

Just wait till I get my hands on that no-good-pervy-procrastinating-son- of-a-stupid-goateed-idot; inwardly scowling and wonder just how long he was planning on hiding from the blueprints that were due yesterday!

The door abruptly slammed open, startling me, and a bearded man strode in- a worried Koumei scurried in behind him.

"Where is he?!" The man bellowed, his black beard speak on his large chest as he carefully studied the room, eyes falling on me. "Well?" He demanded expectantly.

Curiously, and pondering if he was referring to Kouen, I decided to ask for clarification. "Just to be clear, are you looking for Kouen-san?"

The man snorted. "Yes, now tell me his whereabouts."

Before I kould open my mouth, Koumei nervously replied; "Father, I told you, he is at a meeting."

"Do not take me for a fool, I recall no such thing and if you dare suggest old age I assure you that I will not be leaving this world anytime soon." He practically snarled.

Remembering that their father was the dictator and the strained relationship I had gotten when inquiring about their father the younger Eren's either grimaced or scowled- Kouen more so- and how Kouen explained how against his father was with he first attempted to marry.

"I'm here." Kouen grunted stepping out of his hiding place and tightening his tie, with a deep frown. "What do you want father?" He spat.

"I have told you multiple times what I desire, yet you stubbornly refuse to listen to your father with a childish grudge!"

Should I leave? I glanced at Koumei, glancing at Kouemi worriedly when Kouen's nostril's flared in anger; he began assisting me to leave the room when his father cast a glare our way. Or not, I could stay here and estimate the money needed for repairs when you two are done bringing the apocalypse with a staring contest- oh wait did I say staring, I ment glaring.

"Are you attending Hakuryuu's birthday party?" Kouen suddenly asked.

Right, that was tonight.

"I'm afraid not." The man answered, almost solemnly. "Do not avoid me any longer." He glanced at me curiously before walking out.

Kouen sighed, waving off Koumei's soft apology beckoning me closer. Obediently I walked into his embrace and he let out a small sigh as he rested his chin on my head.

I really love his goatee, but I would never give helium to that balloon known as his ego.

"What are you wearing to the party tonight?" He fingered the buttons to the coat I had yet to take off since I was running around trying to restore files that had gotten mixed up by the testing division.

"Clothes." I answered vaguely.

"Koumei tells me that you and Sarah are helping him get ready."

I laughed. "Well, Kouha asked since he seemed to have some grand outfit planned out for him and the birthday boy."

I could feel his pout when he kissed my neck. "I'm going to be lonely, who's going to help me get ready?"

"Kougyoku, and Hakuei." I answered, then started to tease; "If I did they would be waiting on us and we won't get to see all the stuck up nobels with their snotty noses smile up to you guys." I grumbled out the last part.

"I could get rid of them if you want." He offered.

"Don't bother." I kissed his cheek, happy that he would do something like that for me.