EPILOGUE

O L I V I A   P O V

Woken from my slumber with. "Mummy, wake up. Daddy is cooking you breakfast." My eyes flicker open with two little angels jumping on my bed. "Skylar, Star, tell daddy I'm going to have a shower first." They climb from the bed and out the door. Placed my head back onto the pillow.

My life had changed so much in the past eighteen years. Mikail and I married we had a son Orion who died two years ago. The twins were not that old at the time. They were three when their brother died. Orion was fourteen when he died out hunting with his father and the pack.

For some reason, there is a group who call themselves the hunters. They hunt to seek out wolves plus vampires and all the fantasy beings. My heart broke when I saw Mikail carrying our son from the tree line. Looking at his lifeless body sobbing for what they had done to our son.

I could not cope with losing my son, and Mikail was the same. He went on a rampage, hunting the hunters for our son's death. We would embrace each other for comfort during our time of loss. We exchanged words of love and cuddled each other. We still had our twins to protect and we are more determined to protect them. 

Stepped into the shower to have the warm water spray over my skin. Washed my hair, stepped out to dry and get dressed. Stepped into the kitchen to see Mikail with our children eating breakfast. "Must say I had a noisy wake-up call." He looks up at me. "I'm to blame for that." He smiles steps towards me.

His lips softly press on mine. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" "All the time." Replying to him. We sit at the table to eat. The children look over at him with a smile. Skylar is like his father and his brother. Star is very smart. She is fast when it comes to outsmarting her hunt. Well, that is what Mikail's told me.

The children finish and went out back to play. They changed form for the first time when they were two. They would follow their brother everywhere he went. Orion would hide from them to just have a break. I miss every waking second he's not here with us. My heart aches for him and I cry silently when I'm alone.

Taking the plates from the table to wash up when Mikail stops me from moving. The children run into the kitchen. "I can hear them." He tells the children. He does a whistle that is a high pitch noise to call the pack. When he does that, it could only mean one thing. We are in danger and being hunted.

He looks at me. "Olivia take the children and hide. I can hear many of them." He cups my cheeks kisses me. Our eyes lock in a brief moment before he leaves. Take the children to the room with no windows.

*********************

We are in the room where I am pacing. The twins look at me. "Mummy, they are close to the cabin," Skylar tells me. Moved the bed to open the door in the floor. "We will be safe down there," I tell them helping them climb down. Pulled the bed back over the door and close it.

We are now in another room well under the cabin with a tunnel that leads into the garage. Put a small light on. Sit on the sofa with the children cuddled up. Star and Skylar are telling me what they can hear and smell. They are clever just like their father.

Scared for Mikail and his pack. Wish I could help him to keep him safe. But it is him keeping me safe. After all these years he still amazes me with the way he tells me what he can smell. He makes me vulnerable when he is with me. The way he touches me with his warm fingertips.

Kiss both of my children on the head. "Mummy there is an intruder in the house," Star tells me. They stand to watch the ceiling above us. My heart beats fast with fear. The children move slowly and take form. They are magnificent and beautiful. It always amazes me.

They turn to look at me and take off down the tunnel. My heart aches knowing what had happened to my eldest son. I didn't want it to happen to my two young children, but I had no way of stopping them. Rubbed my face to wipe my tears away.

These people that are in the cabin are hunters. Take a deep breath looked up at the ceiling where I could hear footsteps. Shake my head waiting for Mikail and his pack to attack them. But instead, they find the door and I'm petrified. Run for my life but they catch me up. Taking me to the upstairs of the cabin.

***************

Placed in a seat on the back porch to lower Mikail and the pack to rescue me. Look at these hunters that have me right where they want me. They talk amongst themselves. They have no idea I am a human. "Come on turn into your true form?" One guy said to me. "I'm not like them." I plead.

Could hear howls from the distance. He looks over to the trees and my children walk into view in wolf form. Closed my eyes my images of my son Orion fill my head. Love of a child that will never fade. He is always in my heart and my thoughts. The children walk slowly scanning the people around me.

Look over at them when I hear a loud howl from Mikail, and they walk from the tree line towards me. Look at the guys that surround me and close my eyes. The fight broke out between them while I closed my eyes for the entire time. Could hear his growl and the snarl. His revenge for what they had done to our son.

When the noises had stopped I opened my eyes to see the pack in human form. The hunters laid around us all ripped to pieces. Mikail steps to me to unbind me. Takes me in my arms to smother me in his kisses. "They will not take our children from us." He spits. Looking deep in his eyes he had hate for these hunters that hunted our pack.

In his embrace feeling the love. "Olivia they will all die for what they did to our son Orion." Could see he meant every word had he said. My children take human form and take them in my embrace. Mikail holds us in his arms with his pack watching on.

We are not safe, and we will never be safe with the hunters hunting our kind. I might not be a wolf, but I am part of the pack. And my alpha is a man who protects and will keep on protecting until his Son Skylar takes the alpha role.

My family mean so much to me and my heart will always ache with the loss of our son Orion. His life is not gone in vain but filled with love and the memories of how we had happy times together. I will never forget him or let the family forget him. He is part of Mikail and me and will always be with us no matter what.

We will keep on protecting ourselves from what we don't know and living in silence from people that don't believe. But one thing we do have is love. A love that is built on trust and knowing what each other wants. Being part of something so out of this world will always amaze me and indulges me.

Having my husband at my side feeling his warmth from his naked skin enlightens a feeling of wanting him. The passion between us is always outta this world. It's a sensation that our bodies embraced. The pleasure we felt when we are alone making love. No matter if it's under the moonlight or by the fire we will always feel the love we have.

We are one and that is the way it will stay. Our family is protected and growing fast. Just hope we will find a way to end the hunters from hunting us. But I guess for now we will have to be on our guard and protect what we have. My children are my world and Mikail. I love him. We are bound to each other we are partners for life. We are soul mates in this world and the next.

****************************

HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS STORY

THANK YOU FOR READING

THIS IS A STORY OF FANTASY

AND PERHAPS THERE COULD BE ANOTHER IN THE FUTURE

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME TO INDULGE YOURSELVES IN FANTASIES