CHAPTER TWO

O L I V I A    P O V

Stood by the sofa staring at the wolf laid in front of the open, lit fire while it made the room feel warm. Glanced around briefly to take in my surroundings, noticing the entire room is highly decorated the ceiling is lofty which stretches past the upper floor. My attention is set on this wolf that's inside the house who could rip me to pieces with one bite. But it never moved near the guy, surly the smell of blood would have this creature going insane devouring its food?

Baffled is what I am. He stands, picks up the bowl the box he'd used to stitch the gash in his leg. Is staying here the right thing? Beats being out there with whatever that thing was. Slowly placing my ass on the sofa trying not to upset the creature laid only a few feet away from me. "Would you like a drink?" My eyes trail over to him stood in the kitchen with a kettle in his hand.

Shake my head and he shrugs his shoulders while he turns to place the stainless steel kettle on an open flame on the stove. Get my chance to take note of how he looks, just in case something does happen. But I would probably be dead by then. He's tall, very masculine broad shoulders built with muscle, his neck is muscle too with his hair shaved at the back. Then gods knows what he'd done to the top. It looks like he's been combing his fingers through his hair the way it's slightly spiked up but it's short. 

He turns places a cup down steps to the side picks up a spoon places in his cup runs his fingers through his dark hair ambles over to a door opens it entering and closing the door behind him. Take a deep breath my eyes scan around until they are fixated on the wolf. 

Fear is what my entire body feels, I'm one hundred per cent petrified. Placed my hands on my lap the door opens he steps out dressed in clean jeans plus a t-shirt tightly fitted to his skin showing off his physique which is godly, the whole look of him is a guy who is totally out of my league. 

A girl like me who never gets a boyfriend or even asked to school dances, take my prom which was a total disaster from the moment I woke up wishing I never showed up. Put on my beautiful gown wandered down the stairs to show my parent's like you do, so they could take photos. Our dog jumped at me with the muddiest paws which ended with me going in my graduation clothes. 

Then the limo broke down on the way having to have two new tyres then to top it off to put the cherry on the cake I got pushed into the fountain which caused the entire filled room with people to explode with laughter at my expense. So, I'm really a walking time bomb when it comes to things happening which shows when my car broke down.

Glanced back over to him while he poured hot water into his cup he strides over sits in the chair by the fire. Placed his cup on the table and stared into the fire while the wolf moves to place her big head with sharp teeth on his lap, and he smoothes her playing with her ears without hesitation 

This guy is insane to be that close to her not fearing her at all. His gaze into the fire is transfixed showing me he's deep in thought. My body does a spasm with a jump when the wolf growls staring towards the window. 

He jumps up turning the lights out. "Do not go near the windows." His voice demanding me to stay put. Which yeah, okay I'm trembling here with absolute fear running through my veins right now. Petrified is not the right word either it is more, so, much more. 

Take a deep breath he places his hand over my mouth staring at me shakes his head. "You need to slow your breathing down." What the hell I'm scared here, and he's telling me to slow my breathing. Mind you didn't realise how loud I was breathing until he mentioned it. 

The wolf commences to growl, and her head moving following whatever is out there stalking us. He slowly takes his hand away his eyes demanding me to be quiet. Then a noise that penetrates your body so deep it sounds blood curdling wrenching at your gut. Swear to god it's a sound I've never heard. It froze me to the point my entire body ran numb collapsing on the sofa. The sound piercing through my ears shaking my very core. Placed my hands over my ears wanting the gut-wrenching sound to finish. 

Shaking with fear close my eyes tense my body but it's not stopping, driving me insane. Stand to step to the door which I've no idea why. My hand reaches for the handle when the guy grabs me lifting me, and places me back on the sofa throwing water at my face to wake me from a trance. 

Take two deep breaths he stands back staring at me. He glows with the fire which is the only light in the room. "What the hell happened?" He does a little shrug not telling me anything but he's hiding something, something that doesn't feel right, something dark sinister. 

Rub my face wishing I'd listened to my gut back in my car I wouldn't be living this nightmare right now. Wished morning would come soon but we have another three hours until the sun starts to come up. He sits back in his chair the wolf is laid by the door guarding it. "You should get some sleep. You can use one of the rooms on the upper floor." Nodding. I stand to glance at the wolf. Slowly edge my way to grab my case and move towards the stairs. 

Peer up take a deep breath slowly put one foot in front of the other step up the stairs to the first door I come to. Not glancing back at him open the door, step into the room close the door take a sigh. Lean against the door flip the light on taking in all that is around me. Nice size bed with nice furniture in a very overly size room. 

It's all grand but this guy is mysterious. Find the bathroom to have a wash brush my teeth put my pj's on step closer to the bed slide between the covers. Pulled the quilt up around my neck wrapping me tightly like I'm in a cocoon. Now finding it hard to turn the light out. Take my hand to flip the switch above my head to catch a shadow forming on the wall which is shining through the window. 

Watched the shadow struggling to make out what it is until it stands up straight on its two legs. Showing only what I can describe is razor-sharp teeth while it snarled with a growl. Well, not waiting for it to actually enter the room through the window. I scream jump out of bed running to the door when it flies open knocking me off my feet to have the guy's eyes glowing. 

That's what I notice, his eyes glowing like an animal's eyes would in the dark. Not waiting around to find out what is going to happen. Rush down the stairs out of the door into the cold frosty air which hits me with force. The wind is fierce with the snow lashing at my skin like razors. 

Someone grabs me I start to kick while being carried into the house the door slams the guy places me on my feet. "What the hell were you thinking?" His voice showing me he's annoyed. "Look mate, I have no idea what the hell is going on here. I sure don't want to know. I will get my things and leave." He shakes his head steps back from me gestures with his hand where the door is. 

Hasting my way back to the room to change. Grab my case step to the door just about to put my hand on the handle when he says something to get my attention. "It's not safe out there." Not taking any notice of what he's said my hand pushes the handle down. "I will take my chances, thank you." Telling him with a little attitude. 

Opened the door stepped out close the door behind me. Pull my coat up tight to my face peer ahead to notice nothing but darkness. This is one long night. Take a deep breath grab my case step off the decking. Proceed to stride straight ahead hoping I would find the road plus my car but with the way it's snowing it'll more than likely buried which most probably will happen to me too. 

***************************************

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER?

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

THANK YOU FOR READING

THIS GUY IS VERY MYSTERIOUS 

WHAT WAS THE SHADOW OLIVIA SAW?

WILL OLIVIA BE SAFE? OR WILL HE RESCUE HER?