Grace Even In Darkness- Two

Two

    Kalista stirred from an uneasy sleep. Demons and angels. It was the same as before. The demons killed an angel that was there to protect her. The demons sliced him up and bathed in his blood.

    She felt the normal tear slide down her cheek. She always felt a small piece of her soul crack more. It was getting worse. Every night she dreams of that angel dying felt like she was losing more of herself.

    Her eyes snapped open when a hand wiped her tear away. She rushed away from who it was without seeing who it was. As her hand suddenly found nothing and she started to fall off wherever she was, arms wrapped around her and pulled her back.

    She had closed her eyes tightly through the whole thing ready to brace herself. Now she peeks open one of her eyes and finds herself laying on top of someone. She slowly looked up and met two very glorious grey eyes.

    A hand came up slowly and pressed against her cheek. “Are you alright?”

    She shyly looked down and nodded. He gently tilted her chin up. “Why so many tears?” He asked as his hand caught another tear.

    He gently rolled her so she laid on her back. He lifted up onto his elbow as he looked down at her. She was still shaking. He moved some of her hair out of her face and frowned slightly that she has yet to look at him again. That he doesn’t get the pleasure of her blue-green eyes.

    Her face went red as her always hungry stomach growled like a raging bear. She hid her face against his chest to feel the soft rumble of a chuckle. Luc loved the reaction. He had never seen such a reaction before.

    “What would you have me make you to eat?”

    He was shocked when she pulled away from him. She shifted to sit on the edge of the bed. He slowly sat up and went to touch her. She shrank away from his touch and he withdrew his hand.

    “Thank you for trying to help me.” Her voice was so soft and quiet. Luc was grateful to be sitting so close to her.

    She slowly stood up on shaky legs. He reached up and wrapped his fingers around her wrist. “Please don’t go.” He pleaded. He felt like his heart was falling at thinking she was leaving.

    Her eyes were looking at his hand on her wrist. How warm his touch was. How it made her soul feel soft and beautiful. “I can’t stay.” She whispered.

    Her hand slipped from his grasp. Both felt colder without that touch. She had to fight hard with herself to walk away from him. She went to the beautiful frosted glass doors and opened them up.

    Luc rushed to catch her as her legs gave out. A hand was over her mouth. Even he knew she was in shock about his place. That it wasn’t normal for most to live in a place like this.

    He delicately lifted her up and took her to the kitchen area. He had never made a meal for anyone in his life. In Hell he did have to worry about eating. Nor when he was in heaven so long ago. He was delighted to see that Balt had thought of that.

    Balt had left a small book on the counter of the kitchen. It was filled with simple dishes even he could make. Just really heat this up for such and such amount of time, place that on a dish. Simple and easy.

    Luc placed her on a tall chair that faced the kitchen. He rushed around the island and started to put things together for her. He had the little book open and glanced at it every now and then. He’d glanced at her briefly and saw her head was down. He frowned at how submissive she was being.