Prologue/Chapter 1

Prologue

Before I was in Borderland, I was a normal 23 year old girl. I was almost finished with my medical degree in physical training, and I was finally feeling like I belonged in life.

Known as Rosie to everyone but my parents, I did have friends, but not many. The only friend I had that I wish I kept contact with, was Suguru Niragi. Niragi was a shy boy that I was close with in school. I stood up for him when he was bullied, and that's how we became friends. Sadly, after high school was over, we split off and didn't stay in contact with each other anymore.

Chapter 1

I listened as my trainer talked about my stance again. I knew that it would be hard to do the move I was practicing, but I was trying my best. He let me go after 20 more minutes of practice, saying that I was doing well.

"Don't worry too much Rosie," Taro, my trainer, said. "You are doing your best and that's all that matters." I smiled at him while unwrapping my handwraps, flexing my stiff fingers. Taro tossed a towel at me, smiling happily.

"I'm not worried," I said to him, letting my hip length rose gold colored hair out of the bun I put it in. " I have the best trainer so I am going to get it soon."

I walked into the locker room as everyone around us talked about some fireworks that were being let off. I blasted my music, letting GENERATIONS of Exile Tribe flow around me. I didn't notice that I was being transported into a different world, but what I did notice was it started to be too quiet. I looked at my phone to see that it had died, even though there wasn't any problem with the battery and I had charged it earlier.

I finished changing into my clothes, a black crop top and a pair of camo baggy pants. I had a pair of black combat boots on too. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door, shouting Taro's name.

"Taro, Hinata, Kyoto?"

I looked around, trying to see where everyone went, but not one person was on site. I ran to the big window and looked down to the ground level from the third floor. A girl with sports gear was walking away from a building that had a few more people stumbling out of it.

I ran down the stairs, jumping off the second floor balcony onto the fabric cover thing at the entrance, cushioning my weight. The girl heard me as I cussed, looking at my ankle quickly. She and another guy ran to me, even though I was already standing.

"Hey, are you okay?" The girl asked. I nodded my head, looking at the guy who reminded me of a cat with his calmness.

"Did you just jump off the second story balcony?" He asked calmly.

"Yeah, but I'm okay. Ive done this before. It's how I get out of the building normally. I go here every day, but um what happened to everyone?"

The guy, who introduced himself as Chishiya, explained that we were in a different dimension where you have to play games in order to survive and live a few more days. The number of days you can live is based off of the number of the card you earn after the game.

I thanked them for the information before heading over to my apartment. I picked up my throwing knives and my gun holster. I made sure I had enough ammo and placed my gun in the holster. I then packed a bag of clothes, a tent, and a sleeping bag. I then put my hair into two French braids, before putting the braids into two low buns.

I looked through a few of my boxes and saw that I still had my solar powered portable charger. I then left and headed to a building that was brightly lit with a few other people in it. A man with all these tattoos walked in, holding a katana. Behind him is a man that looks very familiar. His piercings shined when the light hit them. And his rifle was on his shoulder. 

"Well, well, well," the guy with the rifle said, " who's this pretty thing. You shouldn't be here princess." I looked at him to notice he was speaking to me. Luckily I brought my black mask and crop top hoodie vest. He couldn't see the sneer on my face, so I flipped him off.

The other guy told him to just grab the phone and ignore me. I grabbed the phone as well, turning my head so no one could see my face when I pulled the mask down. It did a face recognition before opening to a strange looking home screen. I pulled the mask up right when a girl ran in. She looked way too innocent but in an annoying way. That's when the game started.

Welcome Participants to the new game. The level is 7 of spades. More than one person can win this game. The name of the game is 007. You must survive against the "agents" that are coming to kill you. Everyone on this side are the ones running from the "agents". You can use any weapon of choice, but you must survive until the end of the game to win.

The game lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes. Good luck.

"And may the odds be ever in your favor," I said to myself jokingly in English. The others looked at me weirdly, but I just shrugged. The announcement of the game started to alert everyone to run deeper into the building, which was another apartment complex. Luckily, I put my bag in a safe spot where no one would get it before wrapping my hands with the hand wrap again and ran.

*1 hour later*

The game was going smoothly. I fought against 4 people already, not caring that I was not killing them.  I mainly hurt them to the point that they couldn't chase after me. The guy with the katana, who I heard was called Last Boss, tried scolding me for not killing them, but I didn't care.

*5 minutes until game ends*

I stood on the roof of the apartment building, watching as the rifle guy shot the 4 people that attacked me earlier. He saw me watch him and smirked. I ignored him and tied a very strong rope to the railing.

As the game was officially over, with 8 out of the 15 running from the "agents" alive and 6 of the "agents" alive, I smiled to myself. I knew that I was right above the entrance of the building, giving me leverage. As I was about to stand on the edge of the building, Last Boss and the rifle guy started talking to me.

"What are you doing," Last Boss shouted at me. I didn't answer him, wrapping my fingers with the hand wrap so I didn't get rope burns. The Rifle guy called out to me as if he was trying to save me.

"Are you trying to make a deal with the Devil right now?"

I looked at his familiar face, wondering why his voice struck me with feelings before answering him. "I'm not making a deal with the devil, I AM the devil."

I then dropped from the edge of the building, James Bond style.

Last Boss P.O.V

"Is that chick insane?" Niragi looked at where she jumped. I walked over to the edge and saw that she landed on the canopy thing at the entrance. She ran inside, then ran back out with a bag.

"Maybe, but man that gave me a small heart attack."

"She reminded me of someone that i knew, but she probably isn't even in Japan anymore." I looked at Niragi with a slightly confused look in my eye before leaving the building, with him in tow.