Chapter 2

Rosalie's P.O.V

I look for a place to rest, seeing as it is getting late. It started to rain, and a body was seen in the distance. I run to it and see that it's one of the guys that walked out of the building I saw when I first appeared in this hellhole.

As I was checking to see if he was still alive, an unbrella appeared above our heads. I looked up and saw that it was Usagi, the girl from earlier. She helped me with bringing the boy to where she was staying. I put up my tent and let him stay in it, and slept in my sleeping bag outside instead.

I woke up 6 hours later to Usagi placing her hand on my forehead. She then put a cool towel on my forehead, causing me to flinch.

"Sorry," she said. "You have a small fever. There is a pharmacy nearby. I'll look for some medicine while I hunt for food." I thanked her before she left. I then peeked into my tent to see the guy looking a bit better than yesterday. He looked up at me confused.

"Hello," I said to him, my voice sounding a bit weak. "I'm Rosalie Yamamoto, but you can call me Rosie. I helped Usagi bring you over here. Do you mind telling me why you were laying in the rain?"

He softly explained that his friends sacrificed themselves to save him. I felt sorry for him, so I gave him a soft squeeze of my hand. I got up, stumbling a bit, and went outside to find some of the food that Usagi already had. I put some in a bowl for the guy, who I found out is named Arisu, and gave it to him. I then went back into my sleeping bag, feeling very dizzy and tired.

"Loser! I told you to stand still."

I walked under the bridge near my house only to see some bullies hitting a baseball into Niragi, a boy from our school's face. I watched as he started to cry in pain, yet the bullies kept laughing. That became my breaking point for myself.

I threw a rock at one of the bullies, hitting him right on the back of the head. He cried out in pain, freaking the others out.

"Hey idiots!" I threw another rock, getting their attention. They dropped Niragi and went after me, thinking they could beat me. I kicked one of them in the balls, before kicking him in the stomach.

I then went after the other two bullies, punching them hard in the face. All three bullies were on the floor, moaning in pain while calling me horrible names. To make myself more intimidating (which is hard when you're 5'3 and have a baby face) I pulled out my Swiss Army knife from my biological dad.

"Now if I ever see you bullying anyone else ever again, I will make you understand how girls get away with murder."

They ran off before I could even finish my sentence, but I was focused on helping Niragi instead. "Are you okay? I'm Rosalie by the way, but you can call me Rosie."

"Yeah I'm fine now," he said shakingly to me. "Can I call you Angel instead?" From that point on, we became very close friends, even planned on moving in together after high school and college.

I could still hear Niragi calling me Angel when I woke up. Usagi and Arisu were packing things up, while I was still in the sleeping bag.

"Oh you're finally awake," Arisu said relieved. "After you gave me some food, you fell asleep and didn't wake up for the rest of the day and all of yesterday. We were worried that you died in your sleep."

I sat up, placing a hand on my head at the severe dizziness I felt. Usagi felt my head, shaking her head in disappointment. My guess was my fever didn't go down.

They helped me pack up my stuff before we headed over to wherever they were going. Arisu explained that there is this safe space called "The Beach" and they wanted to find out where it was. Still a bit confused, I just decided to follow them, not questioning anything.

They gave me a walkie talkie, but I stayed close to Arisu, mainly because Usagi told him to make sure I don't pass out again. While we were watching the people who were supposedly from "The Beach," we were kidnapped.

*at The Beach*

I woke up with my hands tied behind my back while kneeling in front of a huge car deck thing. I noticed that some of the cards were crossed off, but not the face cards.

Arisu and Usagi finally woke up. They were on either side of me. I zoned out as some man named Hatter explained the so-called Utopia that The Beach was. He finally allowed us to leave, so I changed into a plain black bikini. Usagi had to hold onto me, seeing as I was about to collapse at any moment.

They joined a group for a visa thing, while I stayed at the beach with Chishiya and his friend Kurina. They explained how things worked around here. My fever slightly broke, but I was still dizzy. When Arisu and Usagi came back, I leaned against Usagi, feeling a bit calmer around her. She caressed my hand, checking on me every so often.

As the partying was going on, the music suddenly stopped. We all looked to see these guys, two of which I recognized, walking towards us. Last Boss was one of them, along with the rifle guy. Their boss looked at Arisu and Usagi. Because I was sitting closer to the stupid boss, I put my arm protectively around Usagi. I grabbed my Swiss Army Knife from the garter belt that Hatter gave me.

"So he died. That's too bad." The boss said. "So the tiny fish survived." He then looked at Usagi and I. I zoned out mostly, just not letting Rifle Guy take Usagi away.

Before I let my anger take control of me, Hatter appeared. While he was talking, I stood next to Rifle Guy, trying to keep myself from falling. Things started to spin, and the area was starting to go dark.

"Angel!" was the last thing I heard before I lost consciousness.