Chapter 7

I felt so numb. I couldn't believe this happened. I lost the one I loved for the second time, and I lost Aguni, who I started to see as a father figure to me. I pushed away from Arisu and left,not really paying attention to where I was going.

By the time I broke out of my sorrowed trance, I noticed that I was in my apartment complex. Opening the door to my apartment, I looked around the room. I noticed something though. A sword was peeking through my closet door. I quickly went to it.

It was a gold platted sword with a ruby rose on the hilt. I noticed a note attached to it.

I'm sorry for not being the same boy as before. But the doesn't mean I didn't love you the same.

You are still my angel. But you are also the Harley Quinn to my Joker.

-Niragi Suguru

Tears fell down my cheeks. I screamed and broke down. I threw anything I could get my hands on. As I grabbed a wooden box that had been with me since I was first in the orphanage. The nun told me that my biological mom gave it to me, but I resented her for leaving me all alone. I threw it hard against the floor, watching it break open and seeing an envelope falling out.

I opened it, curious on why it was there:

Dear my lovely Rosalie,

I'm sorry for giving you up, but it was for the best. There is something I should have told the nuns, but I was scared. The man we were living with, isn't your father. Aguni Morizono is your real father. He and I were having an affair while I was still dating your "dad." I ended up pregnant with you, and I didn't regret a single thing. Sadly I moved to Texas before I could tell him. He visited after you were born. In the envelope is a picture of him hugging you for your 4th birthday. My boyfriend found out the truth and became a drunk because of it. Again my lovely Rose, I'm sorry for not being the mother that you needed in life. I hope that whoever adopts you will treat you with as much love as I should have.

Sincerely,

Your Mother

I pulled out the picture, seeing Aguni, the same one who was at the Beach with me, hugging four year old me. I hugged the picture, breaking down again knowing that I lost my real father before I could even have a father/daughter bond with him.

This world is basically now a personal hell, and the devil decided to punish me for it.