Chapter 6

"Finally you're awake. Luckily, the bullet that hit your leg only grazed it. You were bleeding because you didn't stop walking after you were shot."

I looked at her, slightly drugged on some type of painkiller. She brushed my hair out of my face and wiped some sweat off of me. I looked at my leg and saw that it was wrapped up very well. She helped me stand up and try to walk around a bit before letting me leave. I decided to head over to Niragi to see how he was.

As I was nearing his room, I heard someone struggling and yelling for someone to let go. I push into the room to see Usagi struggling against 4 people holding her down. I screamed at them to let go of her, before yanking everyone off of her. I hit them all with the crutch that Ann gave me before getting Usagi to escape. I feared what could have happened to her if I didn't get there sooner.

The 4 people tackled me to the ground as soon as Niragi walked into the room. I was screaming in pain, feeling someone press against my leg wound. He shouted at them to let go of me right as the tv turned on. The 10 of hearts card appeared on the screen, distracting everyone in the room but me. I pulled away from the 4 pairs of arms and limped out of the room as fast as I could, tears leaving a trail down my face.

I didn't even notice that Niragi was following me, but I did see Last Boss jogging over to some room. He noticed me limping and offered to give me a piggyback ride over to where we were heading. We walked into a room where everyone was crowding around something. Ann shoved people out of the way, letting me see that a young girl was dead, with a knife to her chest.

I start shaking, an anxiety attack flowing through my veins. I was so scared, which was weird because I usually don't mind seeing a dead body. I got off of Last Boss's back and ran, not looking where I was going until my leg gave out. I collapsed letting the darkness take over me.

*time skip brought by Niragi's rifle*

I woke up to blazing heat all around me. A pair of arms was carrying me, making me scared. I looked to see that Aguni was carrying me. He handed me to Usagi and Arisu before a figure came out of the flames, aiming their gun at Arisu.

I saw it was Niragi. I screamed for him when Aguni tackled him back into the burning building, with two gunshots ringing through the air. I broke down, finally going numb. It was like my life was over.