Chapter 20~ The Ball pt.2

She gracefully made her way to the bottom of the staircase maintaining eye contact with the grey eyes across the hall. She could hear some people whispering but paid them no mind. Amelia walked over to Aurora and Tom, they must've been going together, only then did she break eye contact with Abraxas.

"Amelia! Oh my you look beautiful! I thought you weren't going to show up!" Aurora beamed at her best friend, she truly did look beautiful and she was happy Amelia felt well enough to attend the ball.

"Look at you Rora! I didn't know you and Tom were each others dates?!" Amelia smiled at the two, whatever feeling she had for Tom were gone, something felt odd about him, more so than usual. However when she saw the two together, she knew they were perfect together, they just had that chemistry.

  "Well I was planning on telling you but didn't want to seem like I'm rubbing it in your face." Amelia stood there slightly shocked but then laughed.

  "Aurora be honest here, I'm always doing that to you, you didn't need to keep this from me." Aurora sighed and rolled her eyes about to open her mouth when a slow song started playing.

  "How cliché, you two go have fun I will go find somewhere to be." She smiled and walked off before Aurora could come back with a comeback.

  After several minutes of just wandering Amelia made her way to the food table to get something to drink, she didn't think she could even eat with her corset on, let alone her dress.

  She felt eyes burning into the back of her head, but brushed it off, she was probably just paranoid. Then not even a minute later she felt a presence theft to her, she turned to her right to see who was there but quickly averted her eyes.

  "So, no date?" Amelia rolled her eyes and fully faced him, "I don't see how any of that concerns you Malfoy" she practically spat.

  He raised his eyebrows, "back to last name basis are we Gaunt?" She rolled her eyes again at him, "will you stop rolling your eyes, I was just trying to be nice."

  "Why, we're not friends Abraxas and we can't ever be, you made that very clear the first day on the train did you not? So why are you being nice, it won't get you anywhere." She could tell she was being a bit harsh but she wasn't lying.

  "Hah! You called me by my first name!" Amelia's mouth dropped open.

  "Out of all the things you could've picked up from that was the one thing that mattered least?" He smirked at her reaction and then grabbed into her hand and pulled her on to the dance floor.

  "I, Abraxas what are you doing?!"

  "Dancing" he brought her arms up to his shoulders and put his hands on her waist.

  "Abraxas this isn't right you have a girlfriend"  her tone was slightly more accusing than it should've been but she was too flustered to think properly. Abraxas started to smirk.

  "Oh so that's what this is about."

  "What do you mean by that?"

  "You're whole ice queen attitude, you're jealous!" She gasped and went to step back but he only pulled her closer.

  "I'm not bloody jealous of you and Parkinson!"

  "Oh I think you are, you want me all to yourself, but couldn't because I was with Paisley!"

  "Did you hit your head on the way here because you've gone delusional." She stated coldly, while Abraxas gasped in fake shock.

  "Did our wedding mean nothing to you my dear?" Amelia froze and look at him in the eyes with a hint of nostalgia.

  "You remembered?"

  "How could I not, we never got divorced?"

  "Well I assumed we got divorced after you flushed Corey down the toilet."

  "Pfft you never signed the divorce papers, and stop telling people I flushed 'Corey' down the toilet people always give me weird looks when you mention it at the dinner parties my parents have."

  "Well it's not my fault you flushed him down the toilet and people keep asking questions!"

  "Well you could've named him a more fishy name! People always assume the worst!"

  "A more fishy name?"

Amelia let out a small content laugh along with Abraxas. For the first time since first year her and Abraxas shared a nice conversation that didn't seem forced.

  The night came to an end rather quickly, Amelia and Abraxas were together the whole time laughing and sharing memories, and lots of dancing.

  The ball ended two hours ago but Amelia and Abraxas hung out in the astronomy tower for the duration of the time just talking.

  "Goodnight Abraxas thanks for tonight I actually enjoyed it." She blushed slightly.

  "Goodnight my dear, sweet dreams" he kissed her hand and winked, he walked off to the boys dormitory's and Amelia was thankful that it was dark as she was crimson red.

  Amelia bit her lip, and walked up the stairs to her dorm, when she walked in it was silent and the lights were off. The girls were asleep but without a doubt would be bombarding Amelia with questions in the morning.

  She changed into her pajamas, wiped her makeup off and went to bed.

A/N
Words: 914
Sorry for the late update but on to more important matters...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIANNA! Love you loads and hope you have an amazing day, this chapter is for you! teenas_piercednips