Chapter 12~ I Feel Sickkkk

A week later all the drama revolving Amelia stopped, well slowed down. No one would openly stare at her anymore, which was a plus. Every time someone talked to her they didn't seem nervous. However, professor Slughorn wasn't letting anyone forget it.

How could he, THE Horace Slughorn let a matter like that go? He lived for drama! An opportunity like this to play Cupid? He couldn't pass it up! Every time he saw them in the same room he would wink at the two and everyone would see. To sum it up Amelia was mortified.

  Abraxas meanwhile, was having a good laugh about it, well when it was directed towards her. Which normally it was but the second Professor Slughorn said something to him he'd go red and deny, deny, deny, deny.

  Even though everyone else toned it down, their professor did not, in fact even Dumbledore was hinting towards something.

  "Good morning Abraxas, Amelia! Lovely day outside!"

  Professor Slughorn boomed from the top of his lungs as they walked into class.

  Amelia's wars were ringing and she internally cringed, she's been feeling awful since she woke up, she kept feeling like she was going to throw up, Aurora told her to take a break but she didn't listen, she insisted it was just small, Aurora didn't believe her but let it slide.

  "Good morning professor. It is rather. I've outside today!"

  She looked to her right and saw Abraxas smile at the professor but then walked to his seat, well speed walked anyway.

  "Good morning Professor"

  "Amelia are you feeling alright dear? You look rather pale, well more than usual!"

  "Yeah just a little under the weather but I'll be fine."

  She made her way to her seat beside Malfoy and didn't even start a fight with him, to which he found shocking but he decided he'd ignore her, that is until half way through the class when he glanced over at her to see she looked really pale.

  "Are you alright Gaunt you look horrible."

  "Wow, thanks Malfoy, just what every girl wants to hear."

  He just glared at her and said,

  "You look sick and I do not want to get sick."

  "Yeah ok I just feel sickkkk-"

  Her eyes went wide and she leaned over to a cauldron that was randomly on the ground and threw up in it.

  "That's my cauldron!"

  Of course Parkinson, it had to be her cauldron out of them all.

  "Oh dear Mr. Malfoy please escort Ms. gaunt to the infirmary at once!"

  "But I-"

  Amelia threw up again so Abraxas got up and grabbed onto her arm and pulled her out of the classroom, the hospital wing was quite far away from the dungeons so it was a long walk. Amelia wasn't helping either, she was walking incredibly slow so that she wouldn't throw up anymore.

  After 3 minutes of silence they weren't half way yet so Abraxas gave in and turned towards her and carried her bridal style.

  "What are you doing Malfoy?"

  He looked down into her eyes and replied,

  "Well with the speed we were going we'd be lucky if we made it to the hospitol wing before sunrise, now please focus on not throwing up on me."

  Amelia just nodded and felt light headed, she closed her eyes and accidentally leaned her head into his chest. After she realized what she'd done she went to move her head but then another wave of nausea hit her so she moved even closer into him.

  She felt him readjust his arms and pull her closer to him. She was blushing like mad but was luckily hidden. The rest was a blur, she could vaguely hear Abraxas call for the healer, she then heard footsteps coming towards them and a conversation which she assumed said,

  "What happened?"

  "We were in potions and Amelia wasn't feeling well and then started throwing up, I think she also feels a little nauseous by the way she was walking, I had to carry her or I was afraid she'd just pass out."

  "That was a good thing to do Mr. Malfoy, we wouldn't want her to hurt herself in such state, bring her over here so I can see what's wrong."

  Amelia was pretty sure she heard sandwich in there somewhere but she was most likely wrong, she kept fading in and out of consciousness. Then she heard another conversation,

  "You should head back to classes now Mr. Malfoy but if you want to stay you're more than welcome to."

  "Why would I stay?"

  "You cars for the girl."

  "No I don't! Professor Slughorn just told me to bring her."

  She scoffed,

  "Oh please, I've worked here for years wether you like it or not you care for the girl, and deep down she cares for you too. I've seen countless students who once wandered these halls with nothing but hatred for each other but now, they're together."

  "Well we hate each other and not like them."

  "Then why did you carry her? You care for her, don't let your pride hold you back from her, I'm sure she feels the exact same, don't let her go."

  Abraxas went silent and the healer brought a chair and placed it next to Amelia's bed and walked off. She heard someone sit down in the chair. The next thing she heard was barely audible but she just managed to hear it.

  "Do I really like her?"

  Amelia finally fell asleep but with much to think about, did she really like him?

Words: 1049
A/N

Sorry this is late, I tried to give you guys a chapter for today so here it is, I'll try to update more often again but school is starting for me this Friday so the updates may be slower. But what's your thoughts on this chapter? I thought it was a cute little chapter but idk. Oh and I'd like to say thank you so much for 1k reads!!! It means so much to me and I didn't think I'd get this far, don't forget to vote and comment.

If you'd like I have another book called the glass crown which you should totally check out (if you want to)
I hope everyone's staying safe and doing well!