Chapter 6~ Nightmares

As soon as Amelia's head hit the pillow she was out like a light, but that doesn't mean her mind was. Ever since the day her mom sent her a letter telling her, her father left her she's been seeing visions of him or rather memories.

  Sometimes it's her with her father just sitting at home sharing a conversation, others it's of her mother and father arguing about stuff. She always thought her parents loved each other but people can be deceiving...

  She soon came to realize her whole life, she never truly knew what love was, she never truly knew how it felt to be loved, sure her mother loved her, but love, love is a strong word, her father only pretended and Amelia felt as if only one person  could ever potentially love her and that was the person who brought her into this world. She knew deep down even if she didn't want to admit it, her parents never loved each other and were only together for as long as they were because of some stupid betrothal.

  The worst argument she ever heard was one night when she was 4, her father had a little to much to drink that night and her mother came home late, they yelled for what felt like hours and hours on end, until all of a sudden it stopped. She peeked from the other side of the door to which she was sitting behind and heard a loud smash! There she saw her mother in the ground with blood pooling around her head and her father with a broken beer bottle in one hand and his wand in another.

  He didn't seem to see Amelia or he just did not care. His face showed no sign of regret and she could've sworn she saw a small devilish smirk on his face for a split second until he realized what he had done. Her quickly knelt down and used a spell on his wife's head and slowly turned around once he heard a small whimper from the other side of the room near the door.

  He caught Amelia's eyes just before she ran up to her room and went straight under her covers of her bed that was too big for her, not even a minute passed by when her father opened her door and stepped in.

  He had an evil grin on his face and Amelia knew she was in trouble. He slowly walked towards her and sat near her on her bed. They didn't exchange any words for what felt like hours, he only stared intently into her eyes and she couldn't look away. He slowly started to speak and say, "Amelia, what you saw down there was an act of revenge, your mother deserved everything, every little thing to every big thing I've done to her. I know you might see it wrong but in a world like this, there is never enough punishment. She didn't perform her duties correctly, for starters she gave birth to a pathetic, useless, little girl who's only purpose, only goal in life is to be betrothed to some notable rich Pureblood man, and to carry his children, she couldn't even bring an heir to the Gaunt name into the world, she doesn't do what a women should do, she has too many opinions and needs to learn where her place in the world is. I'm only helping her don't you see?"

  Amelia felt tears brimming her eyes she was told the harsh truth of the world at only 4 years old. She didn't properly know how to comprehend it but she knew enough to feel like she would burst into tears any second so she did. After that night she knew if she broke her mask ever again she would be punished. She learnt to never portray her true emotions that night.

  Her father used the cruciatous curse on her. She never wanted to feel that pain again and if that wasn't enough he hit her, she felt like crying more but she ran out of tears to cry so she just layer there, in her bloodied bed not moving and barely being able to keep her eyes open. Her father left and she felt horrible and like she was worth nothing.

  A few minutes later her mother walked in, she could vaguely see her mother's tear streaked face in the dimly lit room but in a blink of an eye her mother rushed over to see her baby filled with blood. She heard her daughters screams for the dining room.

  Even though it pained her she had to wait until she was positive her husband was gone before helping her beloved daughter because she knew that both of them would be punished. When Amelia stopped screaming she was scared, scared for what Morfin did to her. It was torture to see her daughter in this state and she whispers shooting words to her while healing her, " I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry Alia, I shouldn't have come home late, i never wanted him to hurt you."

  After several more minutes of her mother whispering stuff in her ear her mother got up to leave but before she could Amelia mustered up enough strength to grab her hand and say three words, "please don't leave"

And that's all she had to say for her mother to stay.

Amelia woke up with a start and looked around the room to see her roommates still asleep she looked around and saw the moon was still up and it's must've been three in the morning, she was sweating like crazy and realized how much she missed her mother, when she was sane at least, ever since she was 10 years old her mothers never truly been the same, but that's a story for another time because Amelia could only handle so much.

  She tried to fall asleep but failed and decided she'd go down to the common room when she saw a brunette sitting by the fire looking into the abyss.

Words: 1047

I'm so sorry this is really late I was away for a bit and had no internet sadly but I'm back now and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!