Chapter 5 ~ The Feast

Amelia sat in the great hall listening to Aurora and Walburga's conversation when the hall went quite. Professor Dumbledore walked into the castle with the first years following behind, there seemed to be fewer this year, come to think of it all around there were fewer students. She knew Grindelwald and his followers were bad but she didn't imagine it would have this big of an effect on everyone.

  She was so deep in thought that before she knew it. Headmaster Dippit announced, "Enjoy your feast!"

  The magical food appeared and she could hear some first years gasp and a few second and third years, but this was nothing new to her. Students all around were grabbing for food even though it magically reappeared when it ran out thanks to the house elves. 

  Amelia reached over her plate and used the utensils to grab some shepherd's pie and some salad. She looked over and glanced at all her classmates and saw them enjoying themselves, she glance at each and every house's table and noticed, the Hufflepuffs were all smiling and talking with a few people from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw (since Hufflepuffs table is between them), Ravenclaws were more calm and collected still talking to each other, some had books in their hands but none the less they seemed to be content. The Gryffindors were by far the loudest, they were conversing with each other and laughing, even thinking about having to sit with them have Amelia a head ache. Last but not least the Slytherins, her house. They all (if not most) ate with elegant poise if that's even possible to look elegant while eating, they were all divided into groups, the halfbloods who lie about their blood and say they're Purebloods (Amelia knows they're lying), Parkinson's group or as Amelia liked to call them, Hogwarts resident sirens (there are other words she'd like to call them but she mustn't say those words (A: I'm just don't want to say them) ), there's the extremely rich kids, *cough* Malfoy, any who moving on... there's the people who despise Amelia's Hogwarts house and wish they were somewhere else, the people who don't really matter and then her friend group if that's what you want to call it.

  Next thing Amelia knows the desserts already out and she barely touched her food.
"Amelia!"
  The girl snapped out of her train of thoughts only to notice Aurora, Walburga, Cygnus, Druella, Orion and evening Tom looking at her.
"Sorry what? I wasn't paying attention"
"Obviously"
Scoffed Walburga. To which she received a glare from Amelia.
"Are you alright Melia I've been trying to get your attention for like an hour!"
"I hate to be that person Rora but we haven't even been here an hour..."

  Aurora just glared at Amelia and decided that she would just have to point out the obvious since Amelia was as oblivious as you could get.
"You barely touched your food and seem awfully distant."

  Everyone else stared at her waiting for an answer so she just replied,
"Oh I'm sorry I was just thinking about how we only have two more years of this..."

  Amelia ate the rest of her food and before she could even think about dessert the prefects were leading everyone to their dorms. Which was really sad because the pudding here is amazing!

  They made their way to the common room and she could hear her friends talking when all of a sudden she got a splitting head ache.
"Ow" she mumbled under her breath, she looked up and saw Tom's piercing blue eyes looking into her soul, well ok maybe not her soul but still he was really scary either way. He turned his head away and that made Amelia repeat one question in her head, "He never gave me the time of day unless necessary before so why now?"

Words 712
A/N

Ok hi guys! I'm so sorry this chapter took forever and it's quite short compared to the rest but I think I'm gonna keep the chapters shorter (I feel like I said that in my last authors note... oh well) and just try and upload more... but we never know with me. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying this book so far!!!