Chapter 1~ The beginning

1935

Running. That's what seven year old Amelia was doing, she was running just outside of Malfoy Manor and running from the youngest member at that. She was so close to the door just a few more steps but then Abraxas tackled her to the ground, "got you!" Cried the youngest Malfoy. "No fair! It's not my fault that I have tiny legs!" They couldn't contain they're laughter any longer so they let it all out. What they didn't realize was that they were being watched by none other than their parents, the Gaunt's and Malfoy's often were found in each others company because of their kids. But all that changed in the year 1938.

———————————————————————————
Amelia POV

I woke up early this morning to the smell of food which is not common in my household it's rather peculiar if I'm being honest, I live with my mother in a huge manor far away from everyone else. My father used to live with us but he and my mom got in a huge argument one day and I've never seen him since, mind you that was like 5 years ago so.... It was September 1st 1938 and today I was going back to Hogwarts thank goodness no offence to my mother but she's basically the complete opposite of an emotional person and it's like she's made of stone. I guess you could say she's been like that after my father left, she's always telling me, "keep your back straight", "no slouching" "take that hideous shirt off!" Umm yeah... that's my mother for you, I like to believe she has a heart but I must not tell lies... I'm kidding unless... not but seriously she has been like that for as long as I can remember so I've gotten use to it.
I looked across my room to see my trunk already packed which is good that means I don't have to do it last minute. I take a shower and then get dressed in a black long sleeve dress with flats and do my hair so it's half up half down.

 I take a shower and then get dressed in a black long sleeve dress with flats and do my hair so it's half up half down

(Pretend it's her)

(Pretend it's her)

I go downstairs to be greeted by one of my house elves Marcelle. "Good morning miss." I give the house elf a small smile because mother told me not to thank house elves because we shouldn't thank nor speak to those who are lower than us. Which I mean I understand but I should be able to thank a house elf right? I mean after all they've done but I would never state that out loud. "Good morning mother" she glances up at me and says, "good morning Amelia, did you sleep alright?" I take a small sip of my tea and nod my head "yes mother" and that's basically our days worth of conversation, I'm kidding well kind of it's complicated. We use to be really close but one of us is distancing from the other and I don't think it's me!
  After breakfast I go up to my room so that I can double check to make sure I have everything including all my school books, wand, uniform, clothes, books, some owl treats for my owl Athena and more books. I feel like I could've been a Ravenclaw but apparently the sorting hat strongly disagreed because as soon as it touched my head it shouted Slytherin. Which I'm definitely not arguing about because I would've been six feet under by now. Once I checked a solid fifty times because last time I forgot my toothbrush and it was bloody awful! I went downstairs to meet my mother to get ready to go to platform 9 3/4. My mother does actually take me because it would be bad for her "image" if she didn't I'm surprised I'm not betrothed yet.