Chapter 9~ Library Shenanigans

Amelia and Abraxas were bickering none stop in the library about different ways they could do things, none of it had to with their potion what so ever, even though they were in the library to work on their potion.

"Stop breathing so loudly Malfoy! You'd think you ran a marathon!"

"Oh I'm sorry Gaunt how would you like me to breath then?"

"I don't know just stop breathing in general and I'd be perfectly fine with your breathing habits!"

They kept arguing about little things like that such as, one of them finding an answer first, Amelia's stuff being all over the table, Abraxas on his breathing habits again, Amelia saying he's dumb, Abraxas saying that he's smarter than her, for an hour until the librarian had enough and came over to them.

"If I hear so much as another peep from either of you, you will be kicked out of the library for the rest of the year!"

That shut them up pretty quickly.

  As the librarian stalked away Amelia could see Tom with a smirk on his face, apparently so did Abraxas because he then said,

  "Ok Amelia I know we hate each other-"

  "Despise"

  "Yes, despise each other but I suppose you're not as dumb as you look-"

  "Do I look dumb to you?"

  "Yes, now back to what I was saying you're not as dumb as you look and I like to think I'm pretty good at potions and you seem decent enough-"

  "So basically you're calling for a truce so we can wipe that smug look off of Tom's face?"

"I- well-"

He glanced over at Tom with a look of what Amelia could make out was fear, wait hold up! Malfoy's afraid of Tom Riddle, sure he's good looking and smart but why would he be afraid?

"Don't tell me your afraid of Riddle, Malfoy?"

She said with a smirk, he whipped his head around towards her and quickly replaced his look of fear with his signature smirk,

  "Of course not! Why would you assume that Gaunt?"

  "Well I mean apart from the look you gave him nothing, I mean, it's not as if you and rest of your gang follow him around like lost puppies..."

  She couldn't contain her giggles now so she didn't, of course they were quiet, didn't want to be banned from the library.

  "Do you stalk me or something?"

  Now it was Amelia's turn to stop.

"I uhh- no! No! Of course not why would you say that!"

She was left flustered and Abraxas only smirked.

"I Uh- oh my gosh! Let's just get this over with I don't want to spend anymore time with you than I have to or by brain will fry!"

"Whatever you say Amelia."

  Butterflies immediately went up in Amelia stomach and her face turned bright red, Abraxas hasn't called her that since sliced bread! Ok maybe since like 2nd year, that doesn't include when they're around there parents though.

  "I'm sorry what?!"

  "I said, whatever you say AMELIA"

  Ok now he was just purposely saying it because her cheeks were bright red and she was a stuttering mess.

  "I know what you said Malfoy!"

  "Ouch Malfoy! I thought we moved past that stage"

  "No, no we haven't Malfoy!"

  "Hehem!"

  They both nearly got whiplash when they saw the librarian looking down at them with a scowl etched onto her face.

  "Out."

  She said it so calmly that it was scary and they both packed up their stuff and left before they could feel the wrath of the angry librarian.

  "This was your fault Malfoy!"

  "Was I the one yelling Gaunt?"

  With that he walked away with his bag in tow and Amelia with a look of pure hatred on her face.

Words: 700

Sorry I didn't update like two days ago when I said I would but I'm finally uploading chapter 9 so... yay me. I hope you enjoyed and thank you so much for 495 reads! It literally means so much to me and I'm still amazed that I genuinely made it this far! I'm so incredibly thankful for each and every person who reads my book, I truly, truly am!