Chapter Thirteen

Hey! Please leave a comment if you have time, they make my day :)

Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION not meant to imply anything about any one or any organization mentioned in the work.

Louis

Louis would say his attempts at forming a friendship with Harry were going well. They watched rehearsal together all week, usually in silence, but sometimes one of them would make a comment the other would giggle at. Then they would separate when one of them had to rehearse, and they did it all again the next day. Sometimes, Harry would come sit with Louis, Eleanor, and Gigi in the mornings, but that seemed to make him nervous. When he was there in the mornings, Eleanor asked Harry about Adam. Adam, who apparently took Harry on about four dates now, and whom Harry was very happy with. According to Harry, they hadn't solidified any "boyfriend" title yet. Louis tried not to look to pleased with that.

From Louis' experiences with him, Adam was not a great person. He was a good friend, but Louis saw how Adam was with his last boyfriend, and it always felt a bit sketchy. It wasn't Louis' place, obviously, but he was a bit worried about Harry.

The last week being friends (sort of) with Harry had been great. Harry didn't hold any sort of grudge against Louis for their past, and turns out, Harry was a riot. He made little comments under his breath sometimes, that Louis wasn't meant to hear, that honestly made Louis double over with laugher. Like the time Harry watched Shawn do the Spanish dance and said 'I feel like I'm watching white rice attempt to camouflage itself in a Spanish restaurant.' To be honest, the comment wasn't even that funny, but the idea of kind, gentle Harry having a snarky side to take out on Shawn was funny enough.

Louis was chuckling to himself, remembering the memory when Gigi found him. Not surprising, considering he was on her couch. He came in about an hour ago, expecting one of the girls to find him sooner.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Gigi asked, before plopping down next to him. "I didn't even think I left the door unlocked."

"Oh, you didn't." Louis answered easily, Gigi freezing where she was opening a carton of mango sorbet. She turned to look at him.

"You didn't come in through the fire escape." Gigi said. Followed by silence on Louis' end. "Right?" Gigi looked a bit scared.

"No, I got a copy of you guy's key like two years ago. I use it all the time, you two just usually assume the other let me in." Louis looked completely serious. And he was. The key was originally made for emergencies, but after the first emergency (Niall and Louis ran out of brownie batter ice cream) Louis just kept using the key. He came in on his own about once a week.

"Louis William Tomlinson. You are a psychopath." Gigi deadpanned at him. Louis gave her a sweet smile, which she rolled her eyes at and promptly ignored him, preferring the company of her new Vogue issue. And that wouldn't do. Louis was remarkably interesting, much more interesting than a fashion magazine.

"So, where's El?" Louis asked, fully intending to go find her in the kitchen or something. She always humored his bullshit. "I haven't seen her since our Chinese rehearsal today."

' "She's doing something with Liam. I think she mentioned hunting or something?" Gigi told him, absentmindedly.

"El and Liam are going hunting? In New York City?" Louis questioned. This was incredibly confusing. "Wait, isn't Liam a vegetarian?"