Chapter Nineteen

Hey! This chapter is a bit shorter than usual, but it seemed like a good checkpoint. Hope you all enjoy, as always comments are EXTREMELY appreciated :)

Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION not meant to imply anything about anyone or any organization mentioned in the work

Harry

The first thing Harry noticed when he woke up was that he wasn't holding a pillow. He always went to bed holding a pillow, even if that means he has to sleep on just a mattress for his head. The second thing Harry noticed was that he was holding a person. Whose hair was tickling his nose, and who's feet were tucked between Harry's calves. The third thing Harry noticed was that he was holding Louis. And with that somewhat troubling realization, memories of the night before came flooding back to him. Because Harry did in fact remember all of last night. Vividly.

Louis shifted a bit where he was laying with his head on Harry's chest, his left arm wrapped around Harry's waist. Harry held his breath praying Louis didn't wake up yet. He needed some more time to process. Processing was forgotten when Harry's eye caught where the sunlight coming in through the light cotton curtains was catching Louis' eyelashes. He had beautiful eyelashes. Harry's gaze traveled down Louis' face to his adorable nose. He didn't have a button nose per-se, but it was adorable, nonetheless. He had a small dusting of freckles across his cheeks Harry had never noticed before. His bare arms were littered with little tattoos, which Harry desperately wanted to trace with his fingertips. Somehow, Louis smelled like fresh laundry even though the pair went clubbing the night before. And with that, Harry decided, it's official. Louis Tomlinson is unreal.

Louis started to shuffle and he took a sharp intake of breath like he was waking up. Harry thought it would be for the best if Louis didn't open his eyes to see Harry staring at him, so he pretended to be asleep. Louis could probably feel how fast his heart was beating though, being that his hear was right on top of Harry's heart. Harry could feel Louis take a deep breath, and then a finger poking his cheek.

"Morning, Curly." Louis whispered, his voice gravelly from disuse. The smile was evident in his voice, and when Harry opened his eyes he got to see said smile slowly spread across Louis' face. He burrowed himself a bit further into Harry's chest, and Harry thought he wouldn't mind seeing this for a long, long time.

"Morning." Harry replied, yawning. "You hungry?" Harry sat up after Louis moved off his chest to walk to the bathroom. Louis turned around.

"Is this your offer for a second round?" Louis said with a smirk on his face.

"No," Harry chuckled, "I meant grabbing breakfast down the street."

"Sounds good." Louis smiled, closing the door to the bathroom. Harry plopped backwards onto the bed. He was fucked. Literally, and metaphorically.

-

The two men were sitting on opposite sides of a birch wood table, Louis in too big, borrowed clothes from Harry's closet. His hair was in a fringe across his forehead and he looked very... soft.

"So last night was fun." Louis said after the waiter left the coffee they ordered at the table. Harry took a sip of his latte and burned his tongue immediately.

"That it was." Harry replied, trying to keep his grin at bay.

"So, would you be game to go for dinner next week?" Louis asked, hands folding together on top of the table. "No pressure, obviously." He chuckled a bit, only sounded a little forced. Harry felt conflicted. He's dated a coworker before, and it went horribly. Like colossally bad. Harry couldn't abandon another company just because he found Louis really fucking attractive.