𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

KILLUA POV

KILLUA POV

It's quiet while we run, as I'm engrossed in my thoughts. What's up with Y/N? I wonder what Hisoka told her. And why she decided to leave us? Was she going to meet up with someone? Who would she meet up with? After all, Gon told me that the only reason she is here is because he invited her. So basically ... she did nothing? 

Suddenly, something lands at my feet. I look down at it, but I don't know what it is. I look back up and see (h/c) hair twirling through the air. Y/N's hair. 

Bending down, I pick the object up. It's a sleek black card with a neon blue lightning bolt on it. I turn it over to see what card it is. King of Hearts. Oh ...

.     .     .

I keep running, the card bouncing in my pocket. Gon is gone and so is Y/N. I had tried to catch up to her, but no matter what path I went, I never found her. Guess I'm alone. I try to find the main group, and that goal is quickly checked off my list. Filing in between them is easy. I get to phase two in no time. 

I wait for a little before Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio comes into view. Well, Leorio's on the ... clown's shoulder? I wonder why. That must also mean that Y/N didn't meet up with him. And he's the only other one she socialised with, beside Gon, me, Kurapika, Leorio, and Tonpa. And why would she ever meet up with Tonpa? 

"Hey, Killua!" Gon smiles brightly at me and walks over 

I grin back, discarding my thoughts. "I can't believe you made it here. I thought you were done for."

"Oh! I just tracked Leorio's cologne."

"Cologne? That was how? You definitely are weird." He had cologne on? And how was Gon able to smell it in a marshland teeming with other life and smells?

Gon and I continue to converse when Satotz knocks on the two giant gates separating us from Phase Two. He explains some things to us before leaving, running stiffly back into the swamp. We go through the big gates for Phase Two. There, two hunters await us. A loud noise echoes through our ears as soon as all of the remaining hunter trainees step out from Swindler's Swamp.

The female hunter grins at the other hunter. "You must be hungry." She tells us that Phase Two is cooking a pig that we kill in the woods. 

Everyone mocks her on how easy it is. We go and roast the pig. Everyone is so confident. Then everyone FAILS. 

"WHAT?" I wail. 

"That was hard," Gon comments. "Where's Y/N? She's usually laughing at you right now." 

"Shorty? Oh, umm, I haven't seen her since she left us.  Don't really care though." What a lie.

I feel a card against my chin. My hope rises, but I quickly push them down. I don't care for her. I turn around and see Hisoka. Behind him, I see familiar (h/c) hair.