𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

Y/N POV • TIME SKIP

Y/N POV TIME SKIP

I listen intensely and hear seven people's voices. I wish to get out of the shadows of this abandoned building, but the boss had ordered me to stay until everyone was here. 

Conversations are being made, voices growing louder. I want to get the Boss's attention, but if I did, I know I would get slaughtered. My nen is powerful, yes, but not as much as his. 

I hear Hisoka's voice. My ears perk up. Somehow, the boss notices. The flame snuffs out and he closes his book. 

"Chief, everyone's here," someone comments.

"Chief, what are we stealing from this time?" another one calls out. 

"Ah yes. From the underground auction. But first," I see him put a hand up. "I must introduce you to . . . somebody I found on the streets. Let's put it that way. I want her to join. But first, she must kill one of you." 

"Ok? So come out? I've been dying to see your face this whole time," someone shouts out. 

I frown. They saw me? Did they feel my aura? No matter though. I walk out beside Boss and look down at all of them. 

"Y/N," Boss says. "I'm pleased to introduce you to the Phantom Troupe." 

I gawk mentally but stare at them as if I'm uninterested in them. But inside I'm freaking out. He had never told me that he was a part of the Phantom Troupe! He had only said that he was going to take me to see his gang.

Boss points at each of the people, naming them. "There's thirteen of us. Hisoka, Shalnark, Feitan, Phinks, Machi, Pakunoda, Nobunaga, Uvogin, Franklin, Shizuku, Bonolenov, and Kortopi. And of course, me, Chrollo." 

I nod, memorizing their names. Hisoka looks at me and winks. I roll my eyes. Still with his antics. "And so I just have to kill one?" 

"Yes. You can try to kill anyone but me." 

"Ok." As I look at them, I don't miss the try in Boss's words. The Bonolenov guy was staring at me weirdly. I look away from him and immediately jump up. Faster than the sound of speed, I behead him. 

I toss his head to someone, who catches it in a heartbeat. "Does this mean I'm in?" 

"Well, I assume you know Nen?" Franklin says, but not coldly.

"Of course," I roll my eyes. "I've only known what it was called for a couple of months, but I've had my power,  Angel and Demon, for quite some time." 

"Ok. Then you are in the Phantom Troupe, daughter." Chrollo smiles and I grin back.

The room erupts into chatter. 

"DAUGHTER?" 

"YOU DIDN'T TELL US YOU HAD A DAUGHTER, DANCHOU!" 

"Everyone, please. Calm down. I didn't either until I recently found out. Y/N, would you mind explaining?" 

"Sure," I say, seeing that I had no other option. I sit upon a rock and start to tell the story. 

It was a stormy night in York New City. I arrived here a few months ago when I had immediately been taken in by a man in his seventies, named Kaito. Apparently, he was a Hunter and had seen great potential in me. He taught me Nen. I'm a Specialist. 

(also, this is not part of the story, but you already knew how to use Zetsu and your Nen power, however you did not know that it was Nen. You just thought you had the power.)

Well, I had been sent on a mission to defeat some enemies for him. He also wanted to test out my power. The rain was pouring down, but I could see everything clearly.

I race into an alleyway, the three men coming after me. They smile at me wickedly, thinking that I was trapped. I smile back and then transform.

"Wait, so can you explain your Nen power fully to us?" Shizuku asks.

"Umm . . . if you don't mind, I'd rather not say what it is." 

"Boss, do you know what it is?" Shalnark asks.

"Unfortunately, no. But Y/N. continue with the story." 

The Phantom Troupe looks back at me, waiting. I clear my throat.

In a matter of seconds, the three men were on the floor, dead, blood soaking out into the rain. That's when Kaito came out. 

"Good job, Y/N," he said, smiling. I smile back when this guy-

I hook a thumb over to Chrollo.

-suddenly kills him. 

I watch Kaito's head fall off his shoulders in horror. Then I turn to Chrollo.

"What did you do? That was my mentor!" 

"Do not question me, young girl. I do things for many reasons. The question is, I've been tailing him, and so you, for quite some time. You're Nen . . . it's quite fascinating and powerful. You have potential. Come, what would you say to joining my . . . gang. Yes, let's put it that way." 

"Um, no offense, but I barely even know you. All I do know is that you killed my mentor." 

"Oh, him? Be glad I did. He is a man who takes in children, teaches them Nen, and then either kills them or sells them to workers. Or to other people for . . . pleasure."

"Oh." Well, that did explain why he was so . . . pervy around me. Like Hisoka, but WAY worse. He would constantly touch my body and other things. At least, he would attempt to. I would sneak out of his grasp every single time he tried. 

I sigh, thinking about my options as Chrollo looks down at me, hands in his pockets. 

"Well, what's your name?" 

"Chrollo Lucilfer, but you can call me Boss." He peers down, and I notice bandages wrapped around his forehead. Weird. 

Once I hear his name, though, I gasp. "Lucilfer? What a coincidence! My name is Y/N Lucilfer."