Chapter 19: Family Bonding

The Abattoir

Apparently, Stiles had found out that the rose bushes are more deadly than he realized. A single scratch from said thorn could kill an original. Stiles had Hadlee close by in order to avoid any trouble and danger that may come toward her. She knew how to handle herself with experience but not up against the Hollow or maybe even Sofya. The woman that Klaus was talking to at the party. Turns out, as well, that The Tunde Blade was gone which only caused them more trouble.

Stiles knows what the blade does now. He doesn't want to experience pain like that. He would try his best not to.

"A man of words and not deeds, is like a garden full of weeds. And when the weeds begin to crawl, it's like a bird upon the wall. And when the bird away does fly, it's like an eagle in the sky."

Stiles was watching Hope and Hadlee was close by practicing her knife throwing skills and her defensive skills. Stiles would help her every once and awhile. In the background, Klaus was attempting to destroy the Hollow's jaw bone.

"And when the sky begins to roar, it's like a lion at the door. And when the door begins to crack..., it's like a stick across your back. And when your back begins to smart, it's like a knife inside your heart. And when your heart begins to bleed, you're dead and dead and dead indeed."

Klaus looked at his daughter with a tilt of his head stopping what he was doing for a moment.

"Not exactly the most uplifting reading material."

"It's an old book of rhymes. There's a lot of weird stuff here."

"You know, Hope, I'd rather you didn't play here, actually. All the splinters and the dust... and the bats."

Stiles and Hadlee stopped what they were doing to laugh. Klaus turned to them with confusion.

"What is so funny? I am looking after my daughter. Making sure she is safe."

"You are being an overprotective dad."

"Mischief, control your daughter's tongue. I don't think she likes my parenting and I take great offense to that."

Stiles was only laughing farther. He hadn't laughed this hard in so long. It was time that was cruel to his family but he felt happy. He felt safe being with his family.

"Dad, was there a boy who used to live here?"

As Hadlee calmed Stiles down and Hope started asking questions, Hadlee and Stiles started leaving the room. They figured that Hope and Klaus needed father daughter time. Turns out, so did they.

The Streets Of New Orleans

Hadlee and Stiles had gone out down the streets of New Orleans. They were talking amongst themselves pushing past people who gave them angry looks. They bumped into the wrong person.

"Watch where you are- damn lady. You going somewhere?"

Hadlee turned around with a disgusted face. Stiles stood next to her as the voice in his head grew. The protection that he had Hadlee under was strong and Stiles would do anything. He restrained his angry as it grew. Maybe he would just back off.

"Excuse me?"

"If you aren't in a hurry we can always go back to my place. What's your name?"

"Listen, you need to leave. Sorry for bumping into you."

As she turned around to start to walk off, the man grabbed her wrist causing her to glare at the man.

"Come on now. No need to run away."

She growled and took her hand that was in his grasp, taking his wrist, and bending it back so his arm was almost completely twisted around. He was moaning in pain and she had no emotion on her face but hatred.

"I hate men like you. Don't ever talk to me ever again."

"I- I'm sorry. Please let go."

Hadlee pushed him forward letting go of his arm and punching him across the face. Stiles stood there in slight shock but he was impressed and proud. His daughter was taught well even if he wasn't the one to teach her. She walked next to her dad and continued to walk forward as people stared at the man in confusion. Stiles followed after her. He placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"You are a true Mikaelson."

She smiled and giggled as they approached a gelato cart. Stiles got himself a dark chocolate while Hadlee got a strawberry cheesecake flavored one. They sat on a bench talking about all the things that have been going on in his life and in her life.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Who was the guy that was with you when I first talked to you?"

"Oh, at the restaurant."

"Yeah..."

Stiles didn't know how he felt giving his sexuality out. He didn't know if his family knew and he didn't even think that anyone in the old pack even knew. Scott might have suspected something but he barely thinks back to that time now.

"His name is Josh. We had dinner together."

"Like...on a date?"

"I- well I don't know if you would call it that...ummm..I guess? I don't really know."

Hadlee chuckled as Stiles rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's okay. You will figure it out. It doesn't matter to me who you like Dad. As long as you are happy."

He smiled as he finished up his gelato and looked at the lines of people and the stands that were around. Living in a busy city comes with distractions.

"I love you Dad."

Stiles's eyes widened as he looked at his daughter. He felt his eyes burn slightly but he shook his head and smiled.

"I love you too. Should we get back to the Abattoir?"

Hadlee nodded as they sat up, threw away what they had left, and started walking back. Stiles felt a pounding in his skull as if something might be wrong. He ignored it for now only because he was focusing on the conversation between him and Hadlee. That was when right before they entered the Abattoir, a man grabbed them both. He was strong as Stiles tried to get out of his grip. He couldn't. It left him confused. Another grabbed Hadlee as she also tried to get free. Stiles wasn't able to get to her as his neck was snapped. The last thing he heard was Hadlee.

"Dad!"