Chapter 9: Mixed Feelings and Strategy

The Woods

Stiles had later met up with his siblings after having his feed. They were all still pretty hungry themselves. Freya stood off to the side watching her siblings enjoy something that she couldn't. She was proud of this however. Elijah more than the others most likely due to the fact that he met up with Hayley before he even fed. Kol, Rebekah, and Stiles just couldn't handle going one more second without an ounce. They had intercepted a prisoner bus that was leading prisoners to a prison. This would be better than nothing as most people didn't care about dead prisoners since most would end up dying in prison anyway. Corpses littered the ground around them with nobody really caring about anything happening as long as the blood was fresh.

"I admit, I do like a good chase. However, I am quite famished so..."

Kol had taken a liking to a certain prison and started to feed on him. He was the only one missing from the circle of family as he took his prey farther into the woods seen by no one. Stiles was currently just casually feeding on a prisoner as he sat near the crashed bus. He crossed his legs and had the prisoners head in his lap where he could easily have access to the neck. Elijah as well had a prisoner that was situated on his lap. As Kol was feeding on his prisoner, he screamed. Kol made no effort to silence him.

"Good lord, that one has some lungs on him. He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually."

Rebekah added in her snarky remark and Stiles all but chuckled at the statement.

"Kol always did like to play with his food. You know this sister."

He could practically feel Freya's eye roll off to his left side. He smirked at this but still continued to drain his victim.

"Is this absolutely necessary?"

"That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

They had all previously talked about saving Nik right before they had crashed the prison bus. Stiles knew full well that he would try everything in his power to save his brother.

"Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell."

"Kol, would you please?!"

Elijah had been fed up with the screaming from Kol's food and Stiles had gotten tired of it himself. Stiles was soon done with his food and threw his victim toward the woods where it landed against a tree that was at the edge of the entrance toward the woods. He wiped his face, of which he knew was covered in blood, with the back of his sleeve. When he was put in his coffin, he was dressed in his normal attire. It was a plain long-sleeved grey t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. His shoes were just a black sneaker that seemed to have no visible outlines. They were plain slip-ons that he wore practically everywhere. He knew he would soon have to change out of his clothes soon since they were covered in blood. He always tended to be slightly messy.

"Thank you. You were saying?"

"I can sense. Klaus is still in New Orleans. Most likley somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself."

Kol had later returned to join the rest of them and it took Stiles a minute to even realize that Hayley was also among them all. She must have hitched along with Elijah. He didn't know why he didn't notice. He stood up and stood next to his sister. They seemed to have grown to have a strong relationship with one another. Hayley interrupted his thoughts as she began to speak.