Chapter 15: The Date

The Abattoir

Stiles stood in front of the long mirror that was in his room. He was standing in a maroon suit that he had for as long as he could remember. He tied the tie as best he could but, if he were being honest, he wasn't good at tying one of them. He heard a knock on his door, announcing them to come in, revealing little Hope.

"Uncle Stiles?"

Stiles looked over with a smile still struggling to tie his tie.

"Hey sweetheart."

"What are you doing?"

"Well, your uncle is stupid and doesn't even know how to tie a tie."

Hope only chuckled at her uncles antics and walked over to him. He grabbed the tie out of his hands and tied it perfectly tightening it around his neck so it sat perfectly on his chest. She patted it down and looked up at him with a smile.

"There."

"How did you...?"

"Mommy taught me. She said that I could impress daddy with it but I guess I impressed you first."

Stiles chuckled and rubbed the top of her head.

"Thanks sweetheart."

Hope smiled and looked him up and down as if now noticing he was in a suit.

"Where are you going?"

"I have...I have a date."

Hope smiled and started squealing jumping around. Stiles chuckled and looked over at her. A classic girl.

"With who?"

"Josh."

Hope stopped and looked at him curiously.

"Josh is a guy though?"

Stiles knelled down and took Hope's hands in his own.

"Hope, let me teach you a very important lesson. If you like someone, it doesn't matter who it is with. A girl. A guy. Someone else. As look as you can accept them for who they are, then it is all okay. You understand?"

Hope smiled and suddenly hugged Stiles as tight as she could. Stiles was shocked for a moment before accepting the hug.

"I understand. I love you Uncle Stiles."

Stiles let out a smile and a soft chuckle.

"I love you too honey muffin."

He pulled Hope off of him and patted her shoulder.

"Now go find your mother. I got to meet up with Josh."

Hope nodded and ran off as Stiles looked at the girl longingly. He loved children even if most didn't love him. He sped off to a fancy restaurant where he would be meeting Josh.

Fogo De Chao - Brazilian Restaurant

Stiles stood in front of the restaurant waiting for Josh to show up. He checked the watch that he had put on. Josh was supposed to be here almost an hour ago. He was starting to get impatient. He sat on a set of bricks outside of the restaurant watching as all the other couples heading into the restaurant with smiles on their faces. He looked down at his phone as he started to text Josh.

"Where are you?"

Stiles sighed as he got no reply after a few minutes. He looked around as just felt utter disappointment. He was stood up. He had been stood up before over the years but for some reason, this one hurt. He stood up and started to walk away with his hands in his pockets.

"Stiles!"

He turned around to see Josh running up to him. He smiled as he knew that he wouldn't have been stood up. He was still wondering why he was an hour late.

"Josh. Where were you?"

Josh was panting as he stood in front of the unnatural hybrid. Seeing Josh act as a human was comforting.

"I got caught up with something."

Stiles gave him a questioning look as if not believing him. Josh sighed and took his hands in his own. Stiles had glanced down at them and then back up at Josh.

"I am sorry. I really am. I am here now and we can finally get a table and enjoy this night."

Stiles couldn't help but smile and take a hold of Josh's hand.

"Let's go get that table."

~Time Skip~

Josh and Stiles both sat laughing with a bottle of champagne, both plates of dinner already gone, and the entire reasturant was empty but them. Around them were two humans who they both compelled to stay behind and give them a glass of blood for the night.

"Wait. So you are telling me, that some lizard thing attacked you?"

"A kanima yes but I was paralyzed by his claws!"

They were both having such a good time and reminiscing about the past. Stiles looked up and compelled the two humans to forget anything happened and to patch themselves up when they returned home. They had finished their glasses of blood and they both threw down some money for the check.

"Shall we my love?"

Stiles held out his elbow as Josh smiled and intertwined theirs together. They both walked out of the restaurant with smiles on their faces. They stopped outside where the bricks were and looked at one another.

"I had a really good time today."

"I did too. I haven't even been on a date in a long time."

"I haven't either."

"Josh, I just wanted to say that I...."

His eyes widened as he felt contact with his own lips. He closed his eyes and leaned in as he grabbed the back of Josh's neck to pull him closer. They both pulled away letting out a breath and staring into each other's eyes.

"That was amazing."

"It was."

Stiles smiled.

"Thank you for an amazing night Josh."

"You deserve it. Have a good night's sleep."

"You too."

He watched as Josh sped off into the night. Stiles smiled as he took a regular stroll back to the compound.

"Excuse me?"

Stiles turned around to see a girl around the age of 18 with straight blonde hair and green eyes. She was around the same height as he was and slim.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you Stiles Mikaelson?"

"That I am love. And you are...?"

"My name is Hadlee Sallow. I believe that I could be your daughter."

The night was just full of surprises.