Chapter 7: Saying no goodbyes

Mikealson Compound

Marcel sped back toward his thrown with Papa Tunde's blade in his hand. Klaus's eyes were wide. His eyes traveled to Rebekah who had the same expression on her face.

"What did you do Marcel?"

Marcel chuckled and held his hands up dramatically.

"I don't think you really need to worry. The only thing that you should worry about, is if your even going to get out of this alive. We both know that is not true though so don't get your hopes up. Are you ready!?"

Marcel shouted into the square causing the crowd to cheer. Marcel pushed Klaus into the crowd as four vampires grabbed his arms and legs in order to restrain him.

"For Davina, Diego, Thierry, Gia, Cami and the boy I used to be. The one you once called your son."

Marcel stood above Klaus and jammed the blade deep into his chest. Klaus let out screams of pain as the blade was slowly engulfed in his skin. Rebekah gasped slightly and gripped her wrist as she made her way out of the crowd.

Lucien's  apartment

Stiles sat in a chair that was placed at a long table. Elijah sat next to him and Kol next to Elijah. Freya was on the other side of the table. She had a piece of parchment in front of her with symbols that were unfamiliar to Stiles. What else was new?

A ring interrupted his thoughts as Freya picked up her phone. She put it on speaker phone so the rest of the family could listen in.

"Rebekah, is it over?"

"Nik found a way to stay alive. Our plan worked. Now it's up to you, Hayley. Make his sacrifice count."

"I will. Hang tight. I'll come for you soon."

The call ended with the sound of clamoring in the background. Stiles let his head drop slightly before snapping it back up. He looked over at Hayley with a soft smile before wincing.

"Rebekah's dagger. It has her blood."

Hayley handed Freya the blade and placed it on the empty spot that didn't have blood. Freya then began to chant. Stiles felt the strong push of magic against him and he jerked in his chair letting out a small sound of struggle. Hayley gripped both Elijah and Kol's hand as they too jerked and let out sounds of pain. Stiles could faintly see Freya's nose bleeding. That was the last thing he saw before his vision was taken over by the darkness.

Stiles eyes opened and found himself in a landscape that was sunny and filled with plant life. There were bushes along the white picket fence. It was almost too good to be true.

"Not exactly what I was expecting. But I guess beggars can't be choosers."

Kol spoke up clearing the silence that was in the air. That was, apart from the chittering of birds and the low chirp of crickets. Stiles rolled his eyes at his brother and chuckled.

"I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it. Nothing with white picket fences and a perfect honeycomb lifestyle."

"So you like it? It's what I always dreamed of. A home away from the city. Just family."

"So this creation, is this yours or is it Niklaus'"

"We're linked to his life force by the same spell our Aunt Dahlia used to keep me alive for a thousand years. I realized it was the only way. Put us in a deep sleep. Buy Hayley enough time to find cures for us all. Hence the chambre de chasse. My little addition to the spell. In here, we can remain together until we wake."

Stiles looked around and found Rebekah off to the side talking with Elijah. He frowned slightly and walked over to them as Kol grabbed Freya's hand and went into the house that stood farther off in the distance. Painted white with no speck of dirt visible. Stiles stared at it for a while before grabbed his sisters hand.  She had tears down her face and Elijah had a solemn look.

"He knew. He had to be an anchor to Freya's spell. He saved us."

Stiles let out a small smile and held his other hand out in front of him. He focused all of his energy to see if his magic would work in here. He was able to focus the small amount that he had left which held a letter that he had seen in Hayley's small backpack. He closed his eyes and smiled. Elijah and Rebekah looked at him curiously.

"What is that brother?"

"Nik wrote a letter to Hope. He knew what was going to happen. He left it specifically for her."

He chuckled and let out a sniff. He opened the letter and started to read it to his siblings.

"My dearest Hope. I do not know how this will find you. As a child full of wonder, a teenager full of opinions, or a woman with the world at her feet. I write to tell you that I love you and to explain that in our family's darkest hour, I was called upon to save my siblings, and so I did. Please do not mourn me. Whatever pain I endure, I do so in service of those I love. My sole regret is that I will be away from you. Be good to your mother. I draw comfort knowing that she will protect you. And I know she will not rest until our family is united. Until then, my sacrifice will allow you to grow. To become the beautiful daughter I can now only imagine. Please remember that you are the legacy this family has always desired, the promise we fought to protect. You are, and always will be... our hope."

Stiles had tears down his face while reading the letter as did his other two siblings. He never thought he could put this much emotion into something. He watched as the letter slowly fluttered to the ground. He smiled and started to lean against his older sister who pulled him into a hug.

"I never even got to tell him that I forgave him for what he did."

He didn't know why it felt like he was saying goodbye. He knew he was still alive but he was still suffering. He was suffering because he sacrificed his own happiness for them all. His whole family.

"I'm sure he knows Stiles."

Elijah involves himself in the hug between Stiles and Rebekah. Stiles was in the middle as the both hugged him. It was unknown to him as Freya and Kol soon joined the hug.

New Orleans

Hayley put all of the Mikealson siblings in their respected coffins. She placed two fingers to her lips and kissed it later placing both of the respected fingers on Elijahs own lips. She shut the back of the truck and locked it.

Hayley went to the truck and buckled her child in and placed the letter that Klaus had given her right next to her.

Hayley had red the letter and smiled. She started the truck and started to drive directly out of New Orleans ready to save her family to any extent.