Chapter One : Not All Change Is Bad

BEFORE YOU BEGIN! Please take a moment to read this little blurb: I (the author of this fanfiction/profile) am a self-published author as of January 2024. My debut novel is called: Prophecy Within the Moons, and you can find it on Amazon.com or any Amazon website that you have. It's also on Kindle. If you choose to buy it, I appreciate the support because this is my first major step into becoming a professional author. Thank you to all of you. Without the encouragement under these stories from Wattpad I don't think I would have chosen this career path.

Now enjoy the story :)

-

Now playing House of Cards by BTS

Chapter One : Not All Change Is Bad

   He remembers when he was told about the upcoming schedule, and what exactly they would be doing each day of the week. He was sat at their shared dining room table; a giggly Jeongin pressed to his left side and a loud blabbering Jisung glued to his right. He stayed silent as he listened to their group leader Christopher (or more preferably known as Chan) bluntly spew the required work everyone was supposed to do. And he continued to stay quiet, mindlessly slurping the chicken flavored noodles as each day of the week was given a specific activity. Monday was a singing rehearsal for their newest song. Tuesday was fit for a photo shoot; the theme having been briefly told as elegant and pristine. Then that Wednesday was a dance rehearsal. Seungmin almost had the need to roll his dark brown eyes. He will openly admit that he wasn't the best dancer—that position having been rightfully taken by a blonde Hyunjin—so he knew that he'll have to work a little harder. Thursday was designated to an interview with a radio station he hasn't heard of quiet often; but they agreed to play some of their tracks so he could care less.

Seungmin felt his shoulders relax when Chan smiled before claiming that Saturday and Sunday were days they had all to themselves. But then he felt himself almost choking on those same steaming slimy noodles when the topic of Friday was stated. He felt the hot broth and clump of food get stuck within his throat, forcing him to slightly cough. And after believing that the unclogging wouldn't be done from force, he then resulted to grabbing for the nearest drink. He barely registered the whiny voice of Jeongin saying that the fresh cold water was his and that the ravenette should get his own—too busy gulping down the beverage in hopes of clearing his passageway. Seungmin had drank at least half the cup before he settled it back down on the table with a satisfied sigh.

"They wanted us to do another and new rendition of our family role play. This time Christmas edition."

And while everyone seemed completely okay with the idea, even exclaiming that they couldn't wait for such exciting day, Seungmin felt his chest tighten. Don't get him wrong, the first time they've done the playful acts of being a warm family, he thought it was nice. Having his closest friends all dressed up in dumb costumes that matched their certain character was amusing. And it was fun as they all gathered within a circle before indulging in a game that forced them to use the life tool that is known as teamwork. But then again, it feels as though after that day everything changed. Their friendship dynamic had shifted, causing each member to seek comfort in a completely different person than they're used to.