Chapter Twelve : Big Summer Blowout, Woohoo

Now playing Who You Are by Jessie J

Chapter Twelve : Big Summer Blowout, Woohoo

To say that there was tension within the group was like stating the obvious. There was that suffocating air again—the kind that didn't hesitate to grab them all and slowly squeeze until they were begging for oxygen. It reminded Seungmin of the car ride back to the dorms yesterday afternoon. Considering there was unresolved problems between people, it was only natural that they had uneasy feelings towards one another. It resulted in Felix keeping his distance away from Changbin the rest of the day, and then an awaiting argument to explode within the kitchen. The only difference was that the current upsetting emotions were all due to situations that have been dealt with. The ravenette singer would know, Hyunjin practically rambled on about it for ten minutes once asked why he looked so angry. And at first he grumbled that he didn't want to talk about it; said that he was fine and that he just wanted to rest. But then Felix left, leaving a brief peck to the apple of Seungmin's cheek. It almost had the younger completely exposed due to his face reheating to a flustered red, him too twirling at his fingers when hearing the Australian giggle cutely. He said something about talking again later, but that later never came once Hyunjin was yet again the center of the singer's attention.

It was as if Felix leaving was the trigger, because the minute Seungmin found himself alone with the tall blonde, babbled words were being fired at a rapid pace. The ravenette was confused with every right, and tried to get Hyunjin to slow down before he passed out from the lack of air flow to his lungs. The dancer didn't want to though—or maybe he didn't hear the pleas of Seungmin?—either way, he then removed himself from his bed (that he had previously threw himself on) and began to pace back and forth. He would track his hands within his golden locks, even pulling at the roots where the faint color of his natural hair began to poke through. And for a second the ravenette singer almost let him talk, especially when Hyunjin showed no signs of stopping. But then he had. He brought his shaky hands to his face, not so successfully hiding the way tears began to track their way down the side. Seungmin found his chest clenching and heart breaking. He's always hated seeing the blonde cry, but with the new discovery of his romantic feelings, the sight felt ten times more painful.

So he went to hug the taller. He still had no clear idea as to what made him so distraught, but that was okay. Hyunjin had shown signs of calming at the caring side of affection—with his quiet sobs now becoming a sniffle and eventually wrapping his own limbs around Seungmin so they were hugging properly. The time was not meant for the ravenette to get scared at the way his heart beat at a frantic pace. He had to attend to a miserable group member. Yet as they still stood in the middle of their shared bedroom, bodies entwined with one another, it was getting quiet difficult. Heck, Seungmin probably would have finally blurted everything he's ever felt out of confusion and fear if they were under circumstances. But no, he just bit his tongue and understood that there would be a better time. There has to be a better time. For now though, he'd just bring a sulking Hyunjin to his bed and comfort him until he was ready to face everyone again. They would lay under the covers, bodies facing one another as they silently stared at each other. Or at least Hyunjin stared at Seungmin; the ravenette was growing panicked and had to divert his eyes to literally anything else. Then there was the whispered: thank you on the blonde's part, him too reaching and searching for the younger's hand; immediately intertwining their fingers and squeezing once he grabbed hold. Oh goodness, Seungmin could die. Instead he grinned before nodding, only moving closer when feeling Hyunjin tug at their clasped hands.