Chapter Eight : Fetish For My Love

Now playing Habits by Tove Lo

Chapter Eight : Fetish For My Love

     After years of being within a group that have no choice to be with one another almost twenty four seven for three hundred and sixty five days of each year, it's almost natural to pick up on each member's habits. Minho tended to blink rapidly at times; Felix liked to scrunch his nose whenever he got excited; Jisung managed to always point his feet inward whenever he sat in a chair; hell Seungmin himself had the need to constantly occupy his hands, so he was almost always seen fiddling with his fingers. But Hyunjin's quirk—goodness was it going to be the death of the ravenette singer. Ever since Seungmin could remember, the tall dancer always had to initiate some sort of physical contact. Whether it be the subtle brushing of fingers, or completely throwing his lanky body upon someone else, it was hard not to see him displaying his way of affection; especially when it came to their youngest member. But then again no one could resist the adorable charms of Yang Jeongin, and had to at least pinch his dimpled cheeks; whether he liked it or not.

Now don't get Seungmin wrong, he admired Hyunjin's habit. Thought it was a great way to show people that he cared for them without having to verbally say it. When they first debuted as a group, the ravenette was actually one of the first people to constantly endure such lovely addiction. He was one of the first to grab hold of the blonde's hand and give it the tightest squeeze whenever they were in a stressful situation; the first to wrap his arms around the slightly taller even though Hyunjin wasn't keen on hugs; and even the first to receive a light peck from those full red lips on the apple of his cheek. It could have been seen as a silent language between them—giving one another signals to show how they were feeling, and strengthen that brotherly bond that neither have felt with anyone else. But as time went on and everyone gradually got to know each other a lot better, Hyunjin's habit had been transferred on. He now held Changbin's hand for comfort; gave his best awkward hugs to Felix; gently pecked Jeongin on his face.

And Seungmin knows that he shouldn't be selfish; that the dancer was allowed to display his affections to whoever he wanted—but as of right now as he watches his best friend subconsciously lay his hand upon Jisung's thigh before leaning in close to the other's ear to whisper something, the bubbling of jealousy could be felt within his stomach. He wanted to say that it was because Hyunjin used to be close with him like that, that sharing unnecessary secrets was something they only did. Because then it would go along with him just feeling abandoned, and that he only recently was experiencing these overwhelming emotions because he was slowly but surely losing his best friend to someone like Han Jisung. He was positive that the irritation at the sight of the squirrel resembling male now giggling while Hyunjin continued to speak (way to close may he add), was out of the nostalgic remembrance and he only wished for that back. Totally not because the internal mental battle of actually developing a crush on one of his group members was becoming a forced reality. That would be insane; something he would have to debunk right away. Because just like he thought within the late hours within the night, Hyunjin was straight and they would never work out.