Chapter Thirteen : Awkward Family Greetings

Now playing Knives by Layton Greene

Chapter Thirteen : Awkward Family Greetings

They were supposed to act like it never happened—instead plaster on their best award winning smiles and fake any positive emotions so they looked nothing less than happy. It came with difficulty; especially when Hyunjin expressed how it almost began to physically hurt just being in the same room as the rest of the group. He complained and whined like a child to their manager until he was able to get his own dressing room. And the relief that was seen washing over him was like a stab straight to the gut. Watching the tall blonde be escorted out the door (with his personal stylist not even a few inches behind him) quite literally felt as though Hyunjin took the sharpest knife he could find and just lodge it inside their stomachs without a second thought. Or at least that's what Seungmin began to believe—felt. Enough mental convincing had him really reaching for his stomach and rubbing at where twinges of pain were being experienced. If it weren't for Chan continuously stating that he had no reason to feel guilty, and that Hyunjin will eventually get over it, willed him enough strength to place his attention back on the video shoot.

But even so, he couldn't get rid of that nagging part of his brain that wouldn't stop thinking about the blonde dancer. Seungmin will admit that at some points during the argument it did seem as though it was seven against one. And it makes him wonder what would've happened if he just agreed with the older; stood beside him and said that he had all right to be angry and that Minho could be a little bit nasty when it came to his teasing. Would it result in everyone being upset with him too? Ah, he doesn't care about that. He just knows that it means the other would still be with him—they'd be sitting side by side with hips and shoulders touching and arms interlocked. It also means he wouldn't feel as though a sliver of his heart had been stolen and crushed at the hands of betrayal. He couldn't do anything about it either. He chose his side just like Hyunjin said, and now all he can do is sit within a chair and allow for a kind lady to do his hair.

He should apologize later. Or is that too soon? Seungmin doesn't know. Obviously the dancer is angry right now. He doesn't want to talk or even be in the same room as any of them. Why would his mind change later within the day? But the ravenette really needs to say, show, how sorry he was. That he would never purposely go against him, and that he cared so much about him that regret was eating him alive at this point. Or did that sound too selfish? Was he being selfish? Oh goodness, Seungmin feels like his head is about ready to explode from all of the invading thoughts. On one hand he wants to apologize because he truly does feel bad for causing Hyunjin internal hurt, but on the other he only really wants to apologize because it's the right thing to do. It'll get rid of that invisible knife twisting itself deeper within him. The ravenette could battle with himself for hours on such topic, neglecting the fact that he was causing himself harm.