Chapter Twenty-One : We Can Still Be Friends

Now playing The One That Got Away by Katy Perry

Chapter Twenty-One : We Can Still Be Friends

   Dragging his hands down his face with a groan, Seungmin yet again denied the services that is leader Chan trying to get him to drink a tall glass of water. It had only been about an hour and the tenth cup had been shoved in his direction, blocking his vision from everything else and almost forcing him to gulp down the clear liquid that moved within it. But with a gentle push to the side the ravenette proved that he really didn't need anymore fluids, or else he won't be able to make it to the bathroom before his bladder explodes. Thankfully the older didn't push the matter and decided to place it on a nearby nightstand just in case. Don't get Seungmin wrong, he was grateful for the caring thoughts and actions Chan volunteered to do; appreciating that he was loved enough to be looked after until he was one hundred percent healed (and didn't have trouble doing something as simple as standing on his own two feet without wobbling). But then again he wished he could have just a little bit of space. It was getting harder and harder to breathe when the leader was attacking him with worried words and wondering if there was anything that he might need. Seungmin couldn't do the extensive thinking that was ultimately surrounded by Lee Minho, nor be able to understand why he wasn't completely apalled by the idea.

His entire body itched to run to the older. He desperately wanted to push his thick blanket from off  himself, hold a stoic expression and make it his mission to retrieve a few answers to his many questions. His entire mind bustled and it filled the adrenaline that made him antsy. Chan continuously tried to get him to relax—tried to refocus his thoughts onto literally anything else—but Seungmin refused. Just like the glass of water that dropped condensation onto the nightstand, he pushed the generosity to the side. Being someone who had shattered once too many times already, he didn't need those careful touches; or those softly spoken words. What he needed was either time alone, or for Minho to walk in and feed him the endless amount of reasons as to why he bluntly claimed that he was in love. It would be the only thing to help ease the restlessness bouncing about his body.

But the brunette dancer hadn't entered. He was too busy handling a few loose ends. The first had been attached to Jisung. The rapper was at first stoked to see Felix enter the room, immediately reaching out for him in desperate need for those promised cuddles. His brown eyes were glossed over as if he has been crying, but with no evidence of him actually shedding tears it was believed that he almost had. Taking one glance at Minho who trailed after the Australian, those salty droplets might have then planned their escape. Because not long after attaching himself to Felix, Jisung let his lower lip wobble and eyes blink repeatedly. The eldest in the room understood his confusion, his hurt and possible anger. If it were the other way around he most definitely would have been rambling nonstop about how he was feeling and how life wasn't fair. So he slowly approached the younger, taking a seat with a fair distance between them.