Chapter Seven : It's Too Early

Now playing Needy by Ariana Grande

Chapter Seven : It's Too Early

It was going on three o'clock in the morning when Seungmin swore that the speeding of his heart, the need to pull his lips up into a smile, and the constant anxiousness wasn't anything more than pent up eagerness. It was because he couldn't wait for the mere second that leader Bang Chan said that he was finally able to indulge in group activities again—for the breath that was taken in to say that he was able to do simple tasks like getting his own glass of water. That had to be the reason. There is no way that his stomach twisted uncomfortably, and his palms sweated, or mind reeled all because of some stupid accident with his best friend Hyunjin. That night (extremely early morning) he even scolded himself for coming to such ridiculous conclusion. As he lay under his covers with his hands clutching tightly onto that thick blanket, his eyebrows furrowed while he stared at the sleeping figure of the tall blonde. He was on his back, one arm thrown to the side while the other rested only inches above his head, tangling in with his mess of bleached locks. He wasn't facing Seungmin, but that was okay, the young singer could already guess what he looked like.

And that's nothing sort of handsome.

The ravenette actually continued to mindlessly ogle at Hyunjin for another few minutes, thanking every higher power that whatever disgusting giddiness he felt, finally began to fade away. It's why Seungmin thought the bombarding of fluttering feelings was just the rush of adrenaline shooting through him in order to brace him for the fall. He didn't develop some type of crush on the dancer; because like he's said to himself over a hundred times already, that would be absurd. Not only was the singer positive that he was a lame heterosexual, but he was also positive that Hyunjin was as well. So speaking in a fairytale sense, if Seungmin did somehow grow a romantic mind for his group mate and confessed, he would immediately be rejected.

And now he's confused...yet again. The simple imagery of Hyunjin saying: "I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same" had the ravenette frowning and sinking a little further into his suddenly too thin blanket—because not only did he grow cold, but his chest felt as though it was collapsing in on him. It's a feeling he's only experienced once or twice in his life; one time when he was little and his mother hadn't allowed him to have dessert until after dinner, and another where he could have been the one to be sent home due to not being good enough to be an idol. But those moments had reasoning behind them, while as of right now it was just the idea of Hyunjin being only a few feet away that had him hyperventilating. And for a brief minute Seungmin thought about awakening the literal sleeping beauty, and confront him about his sudden new found and mind-boggling feelings. That is if it weren't for Jisung (someone who he thinks has been getting in between him and the blonde).