Away from home

Namjoon and Hoseok had offered to help the opposite group set up a small barbeque in the centre of the room, the four of them getting along a lot better than they all expected. MJ didn't bother moving from the bed in the corner of the room, too lost in her train of thought to even think about anything else. It had been a while since she had stayed so long in a particular place, it was dangerous. Not only for herself but her group as well.

" Here" Hoseok thrusted a can of beans into her sight line as she turned to look at him, a weary smile on his face. MJ shook her head, pushing away the can. 

" You take it." She murmured, eyes flickering over to Namjoon that was talking with the boy who had brought them there. A soft smile traced her lips for a moment before Hoseok sighed. .

MJ was stubborn, he knew that more than most, she cared more about others than herself. That was only one reason as to why she was such a good leader, why he would follow her blindly anywhere. Yet sometimes he worried about her decisions, it had been three days since they left the beach and not once had he saw her eat only distributing whatever she had amongst the two of them. 

He sighed, retracting the tin with much hesitation before glancing back at Namjoon. The four of them had their eye's trained on them and he could just make out the worry behind them. Namjoon was just like him, concerned and slightly frightened about her wellbeing. It would only make sense though, they owed her everything. 

" Come sit by the fire at least, you're shivering." Her eyes softened slightly as they glazed over Hoseok then towards the fire. The weariness never left her insides but she nodded her head, slowly rising and trailing behind a slightly excited member. 

All sets of eyes were on her as she sat down next to Namjoon, she felt uncomfortable yet she wouldn't show it. Then the male they met kill the undead gestured his hand forward, a grin on his face as she reluctantly shook it.

" It's nice to meet you, I'm Jin." He introduced, then pointed to the younger boy next to him. " That's Jungkook." 

" And I'm Yoongi." The boy who was previously sleeping piped up, a prominent annoyance in his tone as a scowl coated his features. 

" Fey." She felt Namjoon stiffen at her side, his head turning to look at her in the corner of her vision. Namjoon's eyebrows crossed as he looked at his leader, he hadn't heard that name in such a long time. It appeared to him that Hoseok felt the same, the sheer look of fear on his face only causing him to worry alongside him. 

" Well it's nice to meet you Fey, we've been told about you?" Namjoon cussed internally as Jin spoke, avoiding the harsh glare from the girl next to him. Jin sheepishly scratched the back of his head as he read the situation and Jungkook slapped his shoulder. 

" All good things I hope." She spoke up, the bitter undertones not missed in her words. Jungkook nodded frantically, not wanting to make the situation any worse and Jin fell silent.

" Can we hurry up and fucking eat already, I'm starving." Yoongi hissed, abruptly sitting down on the pillow next to Jungkook. Everyone seemed to agree apart from MJ who watched the five of them break apart some plastic chopsticks and  try to pry to beans out of the can. The sudden sickness pooled in her stomach as they ate, the smell reasonably unbearable to her sense. 

Namjoon was fast to pick up on her behaviour as she spaced out, her gaze equally as powerful as the flames she was glaring at. His hand instinctively found her thigh, gently rubbing circles around her skin, he knew his action didn't go unnoticed by the rest of them but it was a simply friendly gesture so he didn't really care.

When her senses came to, she gave the boy a weak smile before rising to her feet and making her way to the dark corner. He trailed her movements with his eyes, watching as she lay down on the bed facing the wall. 

" Is she okay?" Jungkook asked quietly, placing his tin on the ground, looking at his elders. The two boys could only assume she wasn't, but even though the opposite group where hospitable, they still had their doubts. 

" She'll be fine, she's just tired." Hoseok announced, a bright smile on his lips as he spooned in another chopstick full of beans. There was no doubt in his mind that she must be tired, but he wasn't sure if that was the reason or not. He was just as clueless as everyone else.

The night continued as such. Random conversations that had no relevance but it made them all forget what was happening behind those doors, in that room there was only five strangers who just wanted to act human. Without fear. Then one-by-one they retreated to the beds, each of them crawling under the sheets as the heat of the fire was finally distinguished.

" Sweet dreams MJ." Hoseok whispered from the bed next to the younger girl. He wasn't sure if she was awake, he wasn't even sure if he was saying it to comfort her or himself, but not soon after he found himself drifting into the darkness. 

MJ sighed as she finally heard the snores of the men, Namjoon's being more prominent - but perhaps she was used to it more. She couldn't sleep, even though her body ached for it, she was still on high alert. It was like instinct, something she couldn't quiet turn on and off like a button.

She had to be a protector because that was her job as a leader, so slowly she sat up on the bed getting her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Everyone appeared to be asleep  so swinging her legs onto the cold floor she padded her way to the door. Even over the snores, the undead were still heard. Their cries and pain greeting her ears as she rested against the wood. It was a constant reminder that even though you may seem safe, all you have to do is open a door and death will be waiting.