photographs

The car engine droned through the city, the air conditioning suffocating the somewhat comfortable silence as they past the lifeless zombie like people on the streets. Jungkook had made himself comfortable in the back seat of the four-by-four his head pressed against the window watching the new world go by as the unidentified girl occasionally ran over one of the lifeless people that walked aimlessly in front of the car.

With each bump and thud the car made only increased Jungkook's anger as he glared at his classmate sending invisible lasers blasting the back of her head. He tried patiently to remain calm as he sung to himself in his head trying to distract himself from the situation. That none of this was a nightmare and he would wake up in his bed with his mother by his side. Yet when the car came to a jolty stop and his forehead collided with the headrest he finally came to terms with reality.

" Yah" The girl exclaimed swinging an arm around the back of the car seat. " We are here."

Her door swung open almost immediately as she unbuckled her seatbelt and climbing out of the vehicle leaving him alone and confused. Throughout their journey together they hadn't said a single word to each other, mainly because of his undying hatred for the girl but what he didn't know was that she had actually set a destination for them to reside.

On the other side of the door, deep voices resounded through the air followed by a series of complaints from a high pitched voice. Jungkook, though confused, opened the car door feeling the cold air bring him into reality and stepped out. Birds sung in the area through the whistling of the wind through the trees. They were in the woods. In all that time of staring out of the window he had barely noticed them leave the city maybe too lost in his thoughts to care about where he was being taken.

" Who's this then?" An arm swung around his shoulders and his body sagged under the weight.

He watched as the girl batted her arm in the air idly, glaring at the boy that decided to put his own arm around him. It made Jungkook uncomfortable as he turned his attention to his attacker. A male, probably much older than himself, with a sculptured jawline and broadened shoulders clung to him like a monkey.

" Nobody of importance" She stated boredly " Hey, have you seen Yoongi around here?"

The older boy returned a erect stance next to Jungkook, his arms immediately snaking back to his side as he glared at the girl. He was confused once more as the two had a staring competition between them before she finally gave up, stating something he couldn't quiet comprehend. The boy next to him pointed somewhere into the woods and the girl nodded in consent before trailing after his direction.

" Now then now the devils spawn has gone let's get to introductions shall we." The tall male smiled, putting his hand forward. " Kim Seokjin but please call me Jin it's easier that way."

Jungkook glared at his hand like it was poisonous before turning to the boys face, evidently confused, before taking his hand in his own.

" Jeon Jungkook."

His words weren't cold but neither were they welcoming, but Seokjin didn't seem to mind his lifeless words. Jungkook wasn't sure on how to feel his emotions were twisted and broken like a girl on her period; and his thoughts were beyond comprehension. If this 'Seokjin' was anything like the girl he didn't think he would survive much longer.

" You must be cold standing out here, come inside." Jin spoke softly as he began to walk towards a small cabin at the far side of the area.

In his own world Jungkook hadn't even noticed the cabin despite the illuminance of light across the forest floor, but now looking at it the place seemed homely and comfortable. Slowly trailing behind Jin he watched the twigs crack underfoot finding a satisfaction in the sound. As Jin opened the first door to the cabin a sudden blast of heat enhanced his temperature, a drastic difference from the air conditioned car and the windy midday. As he began to open the second door, he instructed Jungkook to close the first one before stepping inside.

" Please make yourself at home." He announced as Jungkook looked around.

The cabin seemed a whole lot larger on the inside than the appearance on the outside and the front room was all open plan. The place smelled faintly of cinnamon and mint, a proper Christmassy atmosphere. To sight it looked like a family home; and as Jin walked away to the kitchen Jungkook made sure to take notice to the series of photo frames that were scattered across the room.

Many of them were family pictures, one child in the grasp of two adults. Yet the child was a boy. Looking closely at pictures he never once saw a girl or at least someone that resembled his classmate, that for some reason he still didn't know the name of. Even if he tried to rack his brain her name wouldn't come to mind, but in the end she wasn't that relevant when she was in school. The classic nerd that only studied and nothing more.

One photo did take his interest whilst in his thoughts, it wasn't a high condition shot but blurry. A boy probably around his age stood with a girl that seemed much younger than him, but not by a lot. The main image wasn't what caught his eye, but in fact the disorientated figure in the background that he could barely make out. It was a girl, a young one at that, stancing herself at the edge of the print like she was fighting someone, her hair was pulled tightly at the back of her head as her knuckles were brought into a fist.

A chuckle escaped from behind him. " That was my wife."

Jungkook spun around startled by the sudden sound, only to be laughed at once more by Jin. Embarrassed by being caught he flushed turning away his gaze to look at his feet.

" Don't be so shy you're just curious as you should be at your age." He continued, obviously noticing the younger boys behaviour.

" Who's the girl in the back?" Jungkook asked, the words slipping past his mouth before he could stop them.

" Well, that's MJ my adoptive sister."

" MJ?" He queried turning to look at the Male. " Where is she now?"

" I don't know probably sleeping with Yoongi."

" You mean" He began loudly before drifting away. " The girl who brought me here is MJ?"

Jungkook was sure on one hundred percent of his life he had never heard someone called MJ before, after all he was sure that the English teacher had called her by something else during their last lesson but either way he wouldn't know.

" Didn't you know, I thought you went to the same high school together."

" Ah, no I did know I just didn't know she had a brother or she was adopted." He tried to make a lie as quickly as possible, once more avoiding the elder's authoritives gaze.

From the corner of his eye he could barely see Jin shrug his shoulders dismissively but still keeping his death like glare on him.

" It's not something she would talk about, she's had a hard life so it's understandable she would want to avoid remembering anything to do with it."