Not my brother

The pier fell right into the abyss, the moonlight casting over the still water cascading around the house, the soft rippling breaking the tranquillity of the area. MJ sighed, her feet dangling over the far end of the wood breezing gently over the water as she slammed the small glass against the splitting wood.

" You should stop drinking before your brother kills me." Yoongi stated, his grip on her resting hand tightening.

" He's not my brother." She replied harshly, her gaze not straying from the skyline in the distance.

Yoongi sighed, the inner conflict swaying his thoughts on the young girl. He knew what she was thinking and he sure knew what she was feeling, in a way they were alike. The wind blew softly between them breaking the knowledgeable silence as MJ raised the glass back to her lips.

" He's trying M, cut him some slack." MJ scoffed, leaning back to lay on the wood as she stared at the sky. "Especially now when you need each other more than ever."

"Why are you covering for him, since when did you get so close?" She spat, her voice wavering slightly.

" We are just worried about you." He stated, analysing the girls discomfort before scrambling to his feet. Taking a short intake of breath he offered his hand to the girl. " Let's get going before Jin moans at us for being late for dinner."

MJ muttered something under her breath as she slipped her hand into his own, pulling herself to her feet. Kicking the bottle resting on the planks she allowed Yoongi to take her back to the cabin, the distant light causing the nausea to her stomach. She squeezed his hand gently, taking in the slight warmth he provided, watching her breath fan out into the night air.

As Yoongi pulled open the front door to the cabin, MJ intertwined their fingers together as she heard Jin's footsteps echo throughout the house. Just as she expected Jin made his appearance in the living room, hands on hips as his lips pursed his lips together. His eyes momentarily scanned over the two, more importantly the act of affection placed between them.

" Where have you two been, don't you know what's going on out there?" His expression was downcast as he spoke, turning to look at the floor.

" I know better than you Seokjin." She stated, jabbing the air with her spare hand.

A gentle squeeze graced her hand and she turned to look at Yoongi who shook his head softly. The anger rose in the pit of her stomach, not at Yoongi but at Seokjin who had turned to glare at the boy to her side.

" We were just training." Yoongi explained, stepping forward carefully.

" Is that why I smell alcohol?" The elder retorted, his expression contorting to anger. " Every time you two end up together she always reeks of alcohol and you don't even attempt to stop her!"

" You can't even blame him, I'm old enough to make my own decisions!"

" You're not even old enough to drink!" His voice began to raise, disrupting the foundations of the house.

" It doesn't matter if I'm old enough to drink or not the world is going to shit."

"Watch your language!"

" Why you're not my father!"

For a moment Jin froze, the pain in his chest suffocating him as he looked at the younger girl. The person supposed to be his sister. He was beyond angry, every time he tried to step up to be the brother he swore to be he was shot down and stomped on like an empty can and he couldn't deny the hurt the pierced his heart.

" Get out" He stated softly, pointing at the door that swung gently behind the two.

" Jin don't y-"

" I said get out!" His patience had finally dwindled as he pushed his sister towards the door, slamming it behind her.

" Jin you can't do this man." Yoongi tried to reason, only to have Jin turn to glare at him.

" It's my house I can do what I want." Jin spat, using his palms to shove the younger boy away.

" Are you insane, she could die out there!"

" Then let her, I'm tired of trying to stop her." The elder responded defeatedly, turning to retreat down the hallway.

Yoongi stared at the back of Jin's figure as he slumped down the hallways then at the door where MJ had been forced out of. She had gone. She had left him alone once more, but for some reason this hurt a lot more. The probability of them seeing each other again was low, or in other words zero. He had lost the person he loved, the one that stopped by him no matter what.

And he just let her go.

" Uh - Hello." A boy he didn't recognise stood idly in the hallway, his eyes filled with worry. Something that Yoongi hated.

" Who the fuck are you?"