Shoot out

Jungkook was ruthlessly awoken from his sleep as someone yanked at his hair, pulling him off the bed and landing with a thump on the floor. His hands were quickly bound with an irritating material as he thrashed around, shouting a list of profanities. Even through the sleep that stuck onto his eyelashes he could make out the living room in which they had all sat the day before only with the couches pushed aside to make a small clearing in the centre of the room. Jungkook was quickly shoved to his knees next to a colourful boy he could only make out as Taehyung, who had a bright smile on his features.

A quiet sob came from someone further down the line, followed by gentle soothing only for one of the military looking men from whacking him with the bun of his gun. It fell quietly shortly after that, only the ragged breaths of whoever was crying.

" I've checked every room Sir, no sign of her." A new voice sounded behind him and Jungkook gulped audibly as the leader of the group chuckled, his thick boots thumping against the carpet.

" Of course she wouldn't be here." He gurgled on his words, a sudden stench of alcohol filling the room. Yoongi swallowed thickly as the scent burned his throat, how he longed for a drop of that poison to survive. He shuffled uncomfortable, shaking his head to rid him of the thoughts. Drinking was bad. " Shut up you damned bastard." a sharp pain grazed his cheek as he opened his eyes, the but of a gun in his peripheral vision.

Jin seethed with anger by his side, a ball of useless threats residing in the back of his throat as he glared at the military leader who chuckled at Yoongi's expression. If Jin had the power, he would've murdered the maggot that dared hurt his oldest friend, yet he writhed like a worm on a hook on his knees, powerless to do anything.

The leader hesitantly stopped his laughing, gaze directly onto Yoongi's composure before a sly smirk imprinted itself on his face. He stepped heavily towards the boy, a hand out to graze his cheek in which the weapon had struck him.

" I'll tell you what." The male began, hand snaking around his waist to reveal a hip flask in his grasp. " If you tell me where that whore is, I'll offer you a supply of this."

The male popped open the lid of the flask, waving the contents under Yoongi's nose. The offer was tempting, very tempting at that and he felt disappointment for even considering taking the offer. He should be happy with the life laid out for him, even though it was in the middle of the apocalypse and without the person he cared about the most. His fingers twitched at the thought, the alcohol would make her feel more alive, present even, in his empty grasp.

" Hey! Fey is not a whore you ugly dickstick." Yoongi was shook out his thoughts at Jimin's tone, the leader cocked his head with smirk, dusting himself as he positioned himself of the younger.

Jimin resisted the urge to scream, instead focusing on swallowing the fear that rose in him. He recognised the flicker of joy in the leaders eyes as his fingers barely grazed the side of his cheek, the deathly chilliness of his skin causing the young boy to turn away. The leader released a small tut as he caressed Jimin's skin, gently pulling away.

" It's such a shame." He began. " Such a waste of human flesh." The leader bucked the assault rifle on his hip as he looked at the kneeling boys. His boss would be proud of him, especially if he would bring home two traitors and two prodigies but he still had information to extract. " So jimin where are you hiding her."

" She's not here." He spat, a low growl leaving the back of his throat.

" Don't lie to me, you follow the girl everywhere." The leader chuckled bitterly, running a hand through his unkept hair. " Do you really think boss could trust you in a mission without tracking you."

Jimin's eyes widened in realisation, shaking his head violently. It wasn't his fault, he wasn't aware of their intentions yet he still felt the shadow of guilt that loomed over him. The leader sighed once more, moving to sit on the couch at the far end of the room. The walkie crackled at his side almost instantly and he unhooked it with a smile.

" The girl-" static ensued. "- has surrendered."

The leader cackled, waving the walkie in the air like brandishing a trophy. " It seems someone can do there job properly."

Hoseok blinked in frustration, as he heard Namjoon mutter next to him. There was no way she would willingly give herself up unless there was something important she had to protect. Apart from them, there was no one else. No one she had to protect. Something felt off about the situation.

"Such a shame, I was hoping to have some more fun." He clicked his fingers, and his group prepared their rifles the clicking off safety. " Oh well, orders can't be helped."

" Wait!" Hoseok shifted, pulling the ropes that bound his wrists. " You can't kill us."

" Ah! Hoseok I'm surprised you've made it this long. And Namjoon too. You two were always the annoying ones" The leader scowled, the annoyance evident in his voice. " Please enlighten me on why I shouldn't place a bullet in between your eyes myself."

Hoseok gulped nervously feeling the barrel of the gun placed against the back of his head, he barely got to see Namjoon giving him a questioning glance from the corner of his eye. At that moment he had to make a choice, let everyone die or give up vital information regarding the Beach.

" The Beach, you've heard of it right." With his sudden spark of declaration he could tell he gained the leaders attention. A soft hum left the leader as he waved his hand as a way of continuation. " If you let us leave I can take you there."

" Hoseok what are you doing." Namjoon hissed and Taehyung chuckled chanting ' beach' quietly.

The leader placed a hand under his chin, stroking his face as in contemplation before bending over in a fit of laughter. " Kill him, I always found him annoying."

The shallow sound of glass breaking echoed through the room as the bullet disengaged from the gun, followed by a hollow thump as Hoseok's body slumped to the floor body decorated in blood. Namjoon didn't care if he was next as he dove next to his elders side, a silent scream leaving his lips as he wrestled with the ropes that bound him.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as bullets flew across the room and Namjoon could do nothing but cower over Hoseok's form in some futile attempt to protect him. Then it was eerily silent, apart from the odd hiss off pain and crackling of grass. The restraints had fell from his wrists in an instant, the air burning his broken skin as he tended to Hoseok.

A series of mutters echoed over his concentration forcing him to look up, the sunrise making everything a bit more clearer. A figure decked head to toe in leather shared a gaze between the boys that stretched on the floor and the leader who hissed on the couch, one hand trying to prevent blood loss from his knee and the other latched weakly around the revolver on the cushions. The figure sneered, kicking the leaders ankle harshly only earning a glare from the weakened human.

" Who the fuck are you, what do you want?" He hissed, wrapping his finger around the trigger of the gun.

The figure didn't respond, instead found themselves rummaging through the jacket pocket and pulling out a pen like object, branding it like a knife before clicking a small button at the tip.

" How do you make someone surrender?" The voice was masculine and incredibly disorientated, like a recording of an old movie. " You strip them of everything that makes them human and destroy them."

The figure raised their weapon right to the leaders forehead, flicking the safety off the with their index finger. Though he couldn't see their face due to the fencing mask, Namjoon could almost sense the smirk of victory they were sporting. The cloaked human placed the pen back in their pocket, moving slowly to remove the mask with a small snicker.

" Nobody takes my boys away from me you bastard."

Then a single spurt of blood splashed its way up the figures face as the corpse slumped backwards, eyes wide as a circular hole pierced his skull.