Season Eight Episode One "Fighting Ghosts"

"Okay, Nick is online, Maisie is asleep, milk and food are in the fridge." Emma said as she walked around the house checking things off on her fingers. Jay sighed and checked his watch, holding both their coats and bags. 

"Baby, we gotta go." 

"Shhhh!" Emma put her finger up, David Rossi walked into the kitchen and put his hands on her shoulders. 

"I've got it all covered, now please go to work." 

"Okay." Emma said walking over to Jay, he handed Emma her coat. "Oh wait, baby's toys-"

"In the play pen." Jay and David said. 

"Wow, Okay." Emma put on her mask and Jay opened the door. 

"I feel like I'm forgetting something."

"You are." Jay said.

"Really! What?"

"The fact that We had to be at work fifteen minuets ago. Let's go." Jay said pushing her out the door.

"Bye! Don't drop the baby!" Emma called into the house.

''''''''''''''''''''''''

"She's fine." Jay said as they sat in the bullpen, Emma nodded and rubbed her hands together. 

"I know she's fine, it's me who's not fine. Maisie is fine she can take care of herself."

"She's six months old."

"Do you want me to slap you?" Kim came out from the back.

"Turn on your computers, Deputy Sup is giving a speech." Emma and Jay stood up as she put the news on her computer. Kevin and Adam came up the stairs at the same time.

"Hey, Deputy sup is giving a speech." Jay said to them.

"You mean apology, she's basically telling us we're a bunch of unenlightened idiots." Emma said.

"I wouldn't go that far babe-umEmma. She's just telling us what we already know. Police have to do a better job at deescalating." Jay said,

"Sure, but she doesn't have to be so disrespectful, we're all trying our best."

"Not good enough Emma. It isn't. CPD did not killed Gorge Floyd, (It's Me: So sad still upset. Black Lives Matter and Police do need to learn how to deescalate. Sorry, back to your story!) but we sure as hell did kill Sean Page. So maybe we need to reserve our judgment, and listen to what the sister has to say." Kevin said.

"Yeah, I'm not."

"Em." Jay said waving his hand, she sighed and looked back at the screen.

''''''''''''''''''''''

Jay and Emma walked with the ambulance crew as they escorted a little girl on a gurney into an ambulance.

"Hang in there, you're going to be okay." Emma said to her.

"We were walking back from the market, I heard two loud pops, sat Lara bleeding on the ground." Her father said.

"Okay, did you see the shooter?" Jay asked.

"No."

"Did you see anything suspicious?"

"No, I need to be with my little girl right now." 

"Of course." Emma said as the father and daughter got into the ambulance, Voight came  around the other side. 

"What do we know?" he asked.

"Not much, Jay and I heard a shots fired call over the radio, we rushed to the scene. Little girl was bleeding out when we got here." Emma said as they met up with the unit.