Season 8 Episode 8 'Protect and Serve'

Emma walked into a room with padded walls, a 'mirror' she bet was a window, and a table with coffee and other things on it. In the middle of the room was a round table with four chairs. She sat down across from a small women who opened a binder that had papers in it. She took out a pen and looked at Emma.

"Hi, Detective Emma Rossi. This is just an assessment for managing and to see if there are going to be any future problems. Everyone in your unit had to do this." 

"I've been to therapy a lot, I'm an open book lay it on me." Emma sighed picking up her coffee cup that she had filled with some green tea to calm her nerves. "What if I don't answer correctly?"

"You can't answer wrong, any answer just helps us get to know you better." Emma nodded.

"So, how do you like your coffee?"

"I don't really drink coffee, it's way too bitter. When I do, very rarely, I add so much creamer and milk to drown out the coffee taste. Is that what you meant, or did you mean how do I like what I'm drinking right now?" Emma asked.

"Your answer says it all." The women responded writing everything down.

"What does that mean?" Emma mumbled to herself quietly.

"Have you ever used a racial slur?" Emma almost choked on her tea, she regained her composer.

"No, I have not. Ever. I would not EVER use one, for that matter. Also, that was one hell of a Segway." 

"Have you ever heard a family member use a racial slur?"

"No, not that I can recall." She turned her notes over, still writing.

"Would you say you have a good relationship with your parents?"

"No." Emma laughed sadly but also found the question kinda ironic.

"Why not?"

"Because my mother murdered my father for life insurance, so I had to then move in with my grandpa and Hank, split time between the two, stay out of the mob, then protect my little brother because my other brother went into the mob. My mom is now on her death bed, I still have a TON of issues, I don't know what happened to my brothers, or my sister for that matter that haven't spoken to me in three years. And yeah, that's the short version."

"Do you consider the police force your family?"

"Only certain police."

"Not the whole force?"

"No."

"Have you ever felt what you would categorize as anger issues?" 

"Maybe, yeah."

"And trauma?" 

"Ahah! Ohh yeah." 

"Have you experienced post dramatic stress?"

"Maybe, I'm not sure." Emma thought back. "Not as bad as my husband."

"Have you ever made a mistake on the job?"

"I don't know, you'll have to be more specific. That's a pretty loaded question."

"Have you ever killed someone?"

"No."

"I know you mentioned your husband, you two work together correct?"

"Yes we do."

"Has that ever affected your judgment on anything work related?"

"No, it has not."

"You are your sergeant are close, has that ever affected your judgment?"