Season 8 Episode 3 "Tender Age"

"Nic! Let's go you're going to be late!" Jay yelled up the stairs, he sighed and turned towards Emma who was putting away some toys. "Every morning, you think he would be more prepared." 

"Hey! I was prepared, I just couldn't figure out what shirt went with these slacks." Nic said coming down the stairs in a nice button down and pants. 

"Wowy! Someone is very fancy! Special day today?" Emma asked crossing her arms.

"Yes, today I am asking... A girl, to the dance, and I want her to know she's high class." 

"Good for you buddy." Emma said giving him a high five, Jay kissed her on the cheek.

"Bye!" She called out as they walked out the door, the door closed and Emma kept cleaning for about five minuets, before there was a knock on the door.

"What'd you forget?" Emma asked walking over to the door and opening it. "Oh!" She gasped in surprise. James was standing there shifting on his feet, he smiled. 

"Our anniversary, but that's not why I'm here. May I come in?" Emma moved over and shut the door. 

"Do you want anything? Water? Coffee?"  James sat down at the island as Emma cleaned a mug in the sink.

"I want you to come back to New York." Emma stopped cleaning and put the mug down, silence filled the air and she shut off the sink and turned around.

"What?"

"I want you to come back to New York."

"Why? What?" Emma was stunned.

"Comeback to the FBI, I'll give you your own team, a task force, whatever you want. You'll get a very nice apartment. Nic could go to school in the city. We could be a family again."

"What about Jay, and our daughter? What about my job here? His life here., his family is here. My family-"

"He'll get readjusted, or he'll stay and I'll give you a lot of vacation time to come and see him. Just take the baby. She'll love it!"  

"James, I'm not uprooting my life for you again." Emma said firmly, James sighed.

"Emma, your own task force, your own office, your own headquarters. You would run it, do things your way! Come on!" Before Emma could think her phone rang, she answered it.

"Hey, Burgess caught a weird one. Little girl walking alone, her whole family was murdered." Jay said.

"Send me the address." Emma said before hanging up the phone, "I've got to go, so..." Emma said walking over to the front door and opening it again. James got up and walked out silently before turning around to face her. 

"Just consider it, you never know what might happen." James said before Emma shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Burgess took the girl to med, they are checking her out right now." Jay said as he, Emma, and Voight walked onto the crime scene. 

"Witnesses?" Voight asked.

"Not yet, we're still working the block." Jay said.

"ID the victims?" 

"Yep, all members of the same family, the Wards, all live in this house. Makayla, the little girl, she's the only family member that survived." Emma said.

"Alright, let's keep a cap on the media as long as we can. Means no one but the techs and us." Voight said, Jay nodded and Emma followed Voight inside.