Chapter 13

"Is this creek far away," I asked Mayla as she placed me on the hand-made wagon.

"Why do you care? You will be sitting in this cart all the time."

"Where are Cyan and Aaren?"
"Switching subjects, huh. Cyan is helping Aaren onto his cart."
"Do you think we will find them?"
"If your assumption is correct, we will. Even if we didn't find them, we might find any clue to where they are."

"I hope what you are saying is right. I wasn't exactly nice to them before the tree fell."

"I am sure you will have a chance to apologize. Plus, I don't really think they will be mad."

"How couldn't they? If I hadn't argued with Aaren, then the creature wouldn't have been disturbed and we would have been all safe and together."
"Blaming yourself isn't going to solve the problem. Let's just hope that we find them first."

"You are right. We better get moving."

Mayla started pushing the wagon and moving forward. We met with Cyan and Aaren and we started walking toward the creek, which was ten meters away. This is how I felt it at least. When we finally reached it, we tried our best to move the ginormous rock out of its place. Surprisingly, it worked. The pain that came after that was indescribable. I felt like every part of me was falling into a stack of pointed pins and sharp broken pieces of glass.

"There really is a tunnel," Mayla said in an optimistic tone.

"I told you there was. DId you ever doubt that," I asked her.

"We all did," Cyan said.

"He is right. I was only 5% sure that this plan would work," Aaren added.

"You know that if it wasn't for me and you, none of this would have happened," I snapped.

"Stop fighting and let us get in," Mayla said.

"How exactly will we get them in," Cyan asked.

"We won't. You will go in there and I will stay with them," Mala answered.
"Finally! Some rest from you," Cyan said in relief.

"You really need to learn a lot about how to talk to people," I retorted.

Without saying a word, Cyan got into the tunnel and disappeared out of sight. All I cared about now was him emerging with Skyla and Cyrus.

"Since we are alone with nothing to do, can you explain to me what exactly happened when I was knocked out," Mayla asked.

We started telling her everything that happened with a few added snappy words. When I replayed the situation in my head, I realized that........I shouldn't have argued with Aaren. He just misses his home and family....just like me. It is also true that I am the reason we are all stuck in this miss right now.

"I am sorry about what I told you," I apologized, "I never should've blamed you for the situation."
"You are not the only one who made a mistake. I should've realised that you were just missing your world and family," he apologized too.

"Great! Now that everything is settled between you two, we just have to wait for Cyan to come back. Hopefully with Skyla and Cyrus," Mayla said.

No one said anything after this. We sat in complete silence for minutes or an hour. I can't really be sure about time here. Then Cyan emerged.........without Skyla or Cyrus.

"Where are they," Mayla asked.

"I couldn't find them," he replied with bitterness.