it's no problem (t.r.)

it was around 9 pm while i was in the library trying to cram as much as i could for the potions exam i had the next day. i had been at this for three hours now. how the bloody hell does snape expect us to know all this? i mean- my thoughts are interrupted as i feel a presence in front of me. i look up to see riddle. tom riddle. i was confused as to why he was standing in front of me. we'd only really ever talked to each other once and that was most probably the most awkward encounter i've had. he was in my potions class and i had gone to the front of the classroom to get the ingredients for a particular potion and we accidentally grabbed the same item. his hand came on top of mine but he quickly retracted as though he had been burned. i'd noticed how academically bright he was. notice how i say academically. he never really talks to anyone but his one or two friends.

"ahem" i hear him clear his throat as i meet his gaze.

"oh yes sorry about that. what is it you need riddle?"

"i've been watching you." he softly says.

"well that's definitely not creepy at all" i
sarcastically say. he scowls and continues.

"anyways, i noticed that you were having a little bit of trouble so to say." he was back to his same blank expression.

"erm- yeah actually i've been trying to cram all of these potions into my head for the last few hours." i respond.

"i think i can help with that." what i didn't know was his intention behind this sudden want to help. i didn't know that i intrigued him. i intrigued him the day he laid eyes on me. i reluctantly scoot over to create space for him. he gracefully sits down and i take in his refreshing woody scent. oh my god. why am i only now realizing how attractive he is? i could run my fingers through those dark curls all day. and don't get me started on that jawline. it could cut me and i'd thank him. hold up. the fuck?

"erm- y/l/n? i suggest you pick your jaw up off the floor and actually pay attention to what i'm telling you." he snaps me out of the safety of my thoughts with a slight smirk plastered on his beautiful face. my cheeks immediately flush and i start to stutter.

"um- er- i- who said i was staring at you?" he let out a low chuckle that was so incredibly sexy. (JAJSKKDD I JUST WROTE THAT BYE- 🕳👩🏾‍🦯)

"anyways, for the draught of living death potion, you forgot two of the ingredients. here, i'll give you one of them and you tell me the one you're missing alright?" i was surprised at how cooperative he was being but just nodded in acknowledgment.

"one of the ingredients you're missing is the sopophorous bean. now tell me what's the last one you need?"

"um. wait. oh my god i'm so stupid. how did i forget this? i'm missing valerian root!" he gave a slight nod as though proud of somehow helping me with something as small as that. he slowly started to get up implying he was about to leave.

"riddle? i just want to say thank you. if you hadn't helped me with that last question i just know i would've been here all night." he returned to the same stoic expression he holds in the halls and throughout classes.

"it's no problem" without further conversation he left and it returned to only the silence of my thoughts.

sorry this took so long - i hope you guys enjoy!!