i'm not going anywhere (t.r.)

i make my way over to tom's dorm for our usual after school study session. i say hi to blaise and pansy in the common room before going up to his dorm. something inside me told me not to knock. i gently turn the door handle to his room. unsurprisingly, it was unlocked. as i open the door i see tom on his bed hunched over. his shoulders seem to be shaking. he immediately looks up at me. i see pure terror flash through his eyes.

"y/n what the hell are you doing here?!" his voice raised a little. i stay there frozen. he somehow looked so perfect with tears streaming down his cheeks. "GET OUT Y/N. NOW" he's starting to scream at me. i close the door behind me and instead of obeying i walk over towards him slowly. he starts backing up as though scared of my touch. i sit down on his bed and look into his eyes.

"tom." i softly say. his eyes are red and puffy. he looked like he had been sobbing for hours. his usual well kept curls were in a messy bunch as though they had been continuously raked through out of anxiety. his cheeks were stained with dry tears. his bottom lip was quivering uncontrollably even though i could see he was trying his hardest to prevent it. i slowly scoot closer towards him. "you don't have to tell me anything alright? just let me be here for you." his face softens the smallest bit. and i see almost relief fill his eyes. but only for a split second.

"you don't just barge into somebody's dorm like that y/l/n. and nothings wrong." he kept staring into my soul as though trying to make me feel guilty for wanting to comfort my friend.

"tom first of all, i know for a fucking fact that somethings wrong. second of all, i'm staying here and i'm not going anywhere. you can either cooperate and relax, or isolate and shut me out. pick one." at this, he gazed questioningly into my eyes almost as though surprised that i wanted to be there for him. i lean forward to hug him. at first, he flinches thinking i'm going to hurt him. my heart breaks at seeing him so vulnerable. i grab his hands and pull him into a warm embrace. i inhale his refreshing cologne and bask in his touch. he's stiff at first, but very slowly melts into my touch. i start to massage his scalp and whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

"if you tell anyone about this, i swear to fucking merlin i will kill you."

like i've said a million times before i need to fucking shift 😀