you dying at the end of the war. (c.d.)

you and cedric had been trying to stay together the whole war. him trying his best to keep his eye on you at all times. but as expected and feared, there came a time where you two had to separate. he reluctantly left to fight off some deatheaters. he trusted that you would be fine, a little hesitant on leaving you to fight by yourself but understanding he had to do it and that you were capable of defending yourself. (as you should ig🙄)
once he handled the deatheaters, he immediately set off to look for you. he sees harry.

"harry there you are. have you seen y/n anywhere?" harry looked up with his eyes filled with sympathy. "what-what's wrong? they're ok aren't they?" harry slowly nods his head behind him. cedric looks and sees hermione and ginny huddled around something. he can feel his insides physically drop as his breathing starts to grow rapid. he runs towards you his knees beginning to go weak at the idea of you being anything but okay. hermione and ginny quickly move to the side to give him room. he sees you clutching your side and a dark red liquid seeping through your fingers. his heart drops at the sight and he's quick to pull you into his chest not thinking anything of it. he won't believe it. he just wouldn't. it's not true. you're completely fine. "it's ok, you'll be ok. everything's going to be just fine."

"ced" you manage to let out, and his heart breaks at the weakness of your voice.

"y-yes my love?" he can't help but have his voice crack a bit all of the grief hitting him at once.

"i'm so sorry baby."

"what're you talking about darling? you'll be completely fine just hush for now baby." he huffs out all in one breath. his mind was rushing trying to figure out what to do.

"but that's the thing ced. i won't be fine." his eyes widen at your words and tears start to sting his eyes. he buries his head into the crook of your neck. "i love you ced."

"i love you too y/n. so so so much. please don't leave me." his voice was giving out and he wasn't able to string sentences anymore. "could you please hold on for me baby? please?" he lets in a big sniffle. at this point, he's trying to muffle his loud sobs into your neck. he feels your breathing start to slow and is completely breaking down now, refusing to leave the safety of your neck and look into your cold dead eyes.

he sits there. holding you, or at least what's left of you.