you dying at the end of the war (d.m.)

hell yeah i felt like being a bitch today🤗

draco knew you guys couldn't fight together. how could you? he was committed to the deatheaters and you were committed to taking down lord voldemort. you guys had been trying to avoid each other throughout the whole war, dreading the idea of having to face each other.

when it had been announced that voldemort was killed, he didn't have a single other thought in his mind other than you. he needed to get to you. his heart was practically bursting at the thought of this being all over. he just wanted to be with you and leave all of this chaos. he ran to where he thinks he last saw you and your friends fighting. he takes a second to catch his breath before looking to his right.  his face drops as he sees you propped up against a wall breathing heavily.

"nonono, this can't be fucking happening" he rushes over to you and looks at your broken state. he's quick to sit down and hold you. "darling what-what happened." he manages to let through his shaky breaths.

"dr-draco" you somehow croak out, your voice weakened.

"who did this to you?!" before sadness can even settle, rage takes its place. all he saw was red.

"bel-bellatrix did." his stomach dropped. he knew at this moment, he shouldn't be worried about revenge. he should only be worried about you being ok.

"you're gonna be fine. you're gonna be just perfect ok my love?" he says quickly. he noticed you're about to object and cuts you off with his own attempts at reassurance. "you're not going anywhere. we'll fix you up as good as new." during this time, you had been trying to say something but draco kept cutting you off.

"draco!" he's startled at your sudden cut-in and looks down at you. "baby, i want you to know something." holy shit. the tears are coming. they're teasing him.

"wha-what is it-it" he's starting to stutter. in all honesty, he's terrified of what you're going to say next.

"i want you to know that i'm so proud of you ok?" he nods aggressively not able to see anything through the blurriness of his own tears. "i love you so so much draco." he starts to feel your breathing slowly get heavier.

"nononono you're not doing this to me y/n. what about our cottage? what about the little girl we're going to have! aurora?" at this point, he's rambling trying to get you to hang on to something. anything. he feels you go limp against him. he takes a moment to process what just happened. before he can stop himself, he breaks down and lets out the most heart wrenching sobs. he sits there holding your dead body sobbing and screaming your name.