you dying at the end of the war (t.r.)

for the sake of this imagine, we're going to pretend tom riddle isn't young voldy, ok? great 😁

tom and you had been trying to stay together the whole duration of the war. him being extremely overprotective over you and rightfully so. he was hesitant when you told him you actually wanted to fight the deatheaters. (as you fucking should ugh)
but after you kept telling him how important this was, he knew there was no turning you back.

you both were fighting off some deatheaters when tom turned around to check on you as he usually does. when he does so, one of the deatheaters you were fighting, takes this as an opportunity to throw the death curse at him.

"TOM, NO!" you scream and without thinking, you throw yourself in front of him having the green flash of light hit you instead barely, but just enough to weaken you immensely.

"Y/N WHAT THE FUCK." he's quick to throw as many spells as he can at the deatheaters disarming them for the time being. all he was feeling was anger. anger towards you for being stupid enough to jump in front him and anger towards himself for being stupid enough to look away. without a second thought, he picks you up and runs you to an isolated spot. he lays you down gently before going off on you. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY MENTA-ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN FUCKING MIND? WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT I MEA-" you immediately cut him off with.

"i was trying to protect you tom." you say to him assertively.

"WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PROTECT ME?" you take as much energy as you can and scream.

"BECAUSE I'D DO ANYTHING I CAN TO PROTECT YOU" he realizes what's happening when he sees you trying to recover from those last words. his eyes immediately soften as he bends down to pick you up and pull you into his chest.
"i'll be fine tom."

"no you won't that's the thing! don't you get it y/n? you're going to die" he instantly feels guilty for saying that when he feels you slightly gasp at his truthful words. "you can't y/n. you can't leave me you understand? who do you think you are thinking you can just leave me? huh?" his voice is starting to crack and his vision is starting to blur. you can feel him shaking against your body and all you want to do is comfort him even though you knew what was going to happen.

"tom?"

"what" he lets out shakily.

"i love you" he breathes in sharply at your words. "so so much." this pushes him over the edge and he can't help but let out a few raspy sobs. his crying only getting worse when he feels your body go limp against his.

"you can't leave me. please please don't leave me." he lets out those last few words softly and filled with emotion. he pulls back and looks into your cold eyes and gently takes his hand and shuts them. he then lets out the loudest scream ever. his hurt, anger, frustration, grief and sorrow all let out in this one wretched scream. "i love you too y/n, more than you'll ever ever know my love." he whispers into your ear burying his face into your neck trying to feel any sort of warmth from your dead body that he can.