Part 8 - Appearing

A million thoughts flashed through my mind at the same time as I contemplated what I should do next. Alex walked over and said, "I didn't expect a little mouse to creep into my room in the middle of the night."

He leaned forward to watch the video that I accidentally clicked. I was able to smell a light fragrance as he approached and was slightly captivated. Suddenly a loud sound jolted me back to reality.

In the video, I see Michael checking the goods. As he described, after checking all four vehicles, the goods left the warehouse. Alex took control of the computer and started skipping forward in the video speed. For the most part, there was no activity for over two hours, however, at around midnight, I see Michael returning into the warehouse. For a split second, I see a truck reentering the warehouse, before the video cut off.

Looking at Michael's face, I couldn't quite decipher what is his emotion. I asked, "Michael, what happened that night? Why did you return to the warehouse?"

He ignored me and kept watching the video. In the background, Alex replayed the video. Suddenly, Alex's phone rings. He walks over to his bedside table and picks up his phone. It must be extremely urgent for someone to call at midnight. Vaguely I hear, "Boss, another batch of goods are missing. We think Michael did it" I can see Alex tightening his fingers. He replied by saying "I thought Michael went missing?" Alex's lips formed a tight line as he tried to control his emotions. He looked over to me and asked his subordinate to clarify. "Michael came back. There is proof in the most recent security footage at midnight today."

Alex changes the date of the video recording and plays the one at midnight. Like the first video, we see Michael checking the goods and giving his approval for delivery. After his approval, Michael returns along with the staff. It appears as if he gave a new set of instructions. Coincidentally, this video also stopped off midstream. The next clip was 30 minutes after. My eyes widened as I compared the person in the video to the ghost standing next to me. Michael was with us for most of the night except from 10pm - 1am. Even if the goods were stolen during the time that he was missing, how can a ghost commit a crime on camera?