Part 9

Alex looked at me and said, "You're positive. Michael is dead?" I nodded. I could tell that Alex was starting to question me. Looking at the evidence, I started questioning my own perception of reality. I couldn't help glancing at Michael a few more times. The more I looked at him, the more convinced I was that Michael couldn't be fake. He felt too real to be a figment of my imagination. Also, there was no way, I could have known Alex's name or his meeting with the Star corporation.

Alex continued his train of thought, "There are two crimes at play here. Someone killed Michael and someone stole the goods. We can prove that the person, who stole the goods is not Michael if we can prove with Michael's dead body. Our next step should be finding Michael's dead body. Once we find his body, maybe we will find hints as to why this person decided to frame him. Who knows, we may find our goods as a bonus."

Alex looked at me expectantly, "I assume Michael came back since you were able to hack into my computer. Since he is back, does he know where his body is?"

Michael wrinkled his eyebrows in deep thought, he said, "I honestly have no idea. I remember being in the warehouse giving instructions and as I was ready to leave, my memory blacked out. I think someone knocked me unconscious. I remember going in and out of consciousness in a dark room and the next thing I knew, I became like this."

After hearing the words that I confirmed that he returned in the middle of the night and repeated his story, Alex looked grim. He stated, "Let's go to the warehouse. I think that is where we will find additional clues."

Michael and I both nodded affirmatively and agreed.

The journey to the warehouse was long. In the beginning, I was trying to memorize the path, however, after a few turns and a lot of unmarked paths, I decided that it was near impossible for me to memorize the warehouse location. At some point during the car ride, I fell asleep. When I woke up again, I saw that we were nearing our destination. The buildings were unmarked in the middle of the woods. It looked like a nondescript warehouse with a few surrounding lights around the entrances.

I heard Alex ask, "Awake?" I nodded. "We're almost there. Which warehouse specifically was Michael in? We have a few warehouses within the same building. They all have unique entrances."

"Warehouse 5," I repeated. Michael continued and said, "I wonder who killed me. I can't wait to find my body and get my revenge." After driving a bit more, we arrived at a building marked 5. I could tell that Michael was excited. He mumbled, "We're finally here."

As we started walking towards the entrance. Michael, who initially was excited to solve the mystery of his death, abruptly said, "I can't go in there."