Part 14

I slowly walked towards the exit while Alex grabbed his car. The drive to June Corporation felt strangely quick and we soon arrived. When I first walked into the building, I was impressed with the various famous artworks hung across the walls. I could see a small art gallery to the side for employees to enjoy. I did not have to check in because right when we entered the building, someone met us at the door and handed me an ID badge. We skipped security and walked towards the elevators. The first thing I saw when we exited the elevator was a view of the city. I found it breathtaking.

Another employee approached us and told Alex that the electrician arrived 2 minutes ago and was waiting for us in the conference room to the far left. Alex told this employee that he wanted Marley to attend the meeting as well and to take notes. Since I was out of commission, Marley will be supporting this meeting. After a brief chat, Alex asked the electrician, "Was there something wrong with security cameras within Warehouse 5 recently? Did someone put in a maintenance request"

"I'm not sure. Give me one second to look at my records" The electrician opened his backpack and searched for a binder. After looking through his file, he said, "Yes, a few weeks ago someone came in to make a request to change these cords. I thought it was a normal maintenance request, but when I went to check on the cameras, I found something strange. I noticed that someone cut the cords behind one of the cameras. It looked intentional."

Alex nodded and had a solemn expression. He asked further, "Do you remember the person who asked you to replace this cord by chance? Is it in your records?"

The electrician thought for a moment, "No, we typically don't keep this record. I do remember him though because we had a conversation about his outfit. He was on the taller side. Maybe around 5'10 ish. He was definitely a company employee since he showed me his business card."

Alex dug deeper and asked, "You mentioned his outfit. Do you remember what he wore that day?"

The technician's next words gave me the creeps. He said, "Yes, I do! I really liked his tie, since my wife is having a party next week and I wanted to buy one myself. It was a skinny tie with a blue bull-eyes pattern. The rest of his outfit was rather plain. I think he had on black slacks and a white button-down shirt."

My eyes widened as I darted towards Michael's outfit. He was wearing the exact same thing!

Michael knew what I was thinking and said, "No, no, no, this is non-sense. I've never met this person."

I wondered, how was it possible that there can be so many coincidences? First, he was caught on camera, now he ordered to replace a video cord associated with the crime scene. What is Michael trying to hide and better question, why am I able to see Michael. What is his purpose for staying here near Alex, rather than reincarnating? 

---

Publishing new chapter tomorrow! Sorry for the long wait